My Fitness Coach - Wii

Options
I have just ordered it online and it has some quite good reviews on Amazon. Does anyone use it?? Tell me more! xx

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't but I am also really interested in the answer to this.
  • RNP247
    RNP247 Posts: 15
    Options
    I use it. I find its easier then going to a gym. The work outs start out pretty easy & the further you go the harder & more intense they get. I started out just doing the 15 min a day for 5 days to get myself in the habit of working out. Now I do 30 min Mon & Fri, 15 min Tues - Thu. I take the weekend off. The only part i find hard is the measuring myself. When My Husband is home I have him help me.
  • j5e5n85
    j5e5n85 Posts: 4
    Options
    i do use the wii once in awhile its fun and gets you moving.
  • eileenfinn04
    eileenfinn04 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've used it in the past and i wasn't too impressed. I found the workouts a little difficult to use at first because the workouts were not explained very well. The instructor was very quick with the workouts and I couldn't keep up. Of course everyone has their own fitness levels. I prefer Wii Fit Plus and Golds Gym. I got more from the workouts and had no problem keeping up with the pace. Hope this is helpful.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I use my fitness coach. I have been for a few months now. I like how you can set the duration of the workout. I like that it asks if a segment is too easy or hard and then they adjust the settings the next time accordingly. I like the physical challenge. You take your measurements and then it puts you through a series of tests of crunches, push ups, jumping jacks, heart rate. It will automatically set a workout plan for you based on the results, but you can change it to your desired goals. Every 10 workouts or so, you retake the physcial challenge to check your progress. I don't have a fit board, but I know they came out with a version that was compatiable for the board. You can choose a daily workout- flexibility, yoga, cardio, upper body, lower body, core. I have to log it on MFP as wii fit, but after every workout, a screen pops up on fitness coach and tells you the number of calories you burn so that's the number I input when I log it on the site.
    Hope that helps!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I use my fitness coach. I have been for a few months now. I like how you can set the duration of the workout. I like that it asks if a segment is too easy or hard and then they adjust the settings the next time accordingly. I like the physical challenge. You take your measurements and then it puts you through a series of tests of crunches, push ups, jumping jacks, heart rate. It will automatically set a workout plan for you based on the results, but you can change it to your desired goals. Every 10 workouts or so, you retake the physcial challenge to check your progress. I don't have a fit board, but I know they came out with a version that was compatiable for the board. You can choose a daily workout- flexibility, yoga, cardio, upper body, lower body, core. I have to log it on MFP as wii fit, but after every workout, a screen pops up on fitness coach and tells you the number of calories you burn so that's the number I input when I log it on the site.
    Hope that helps!

This! I've had My Fitness Coach for well over a year now and I like it! When I stick with it, that is. :wink:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I agree and disagree with eileenfinn04 . Fitness coach has tutorials and rest breaks if you have to go from sitting to standing position. The cardio segments do go quickly, but there's a bar at the bottom to tell you what moves are coming next to prepare yourself. For example: grapevine and then step touch.

As far as the gold's gym, I did like it in the beginning, reminded me of a dance, dance revolution, but boxing. Once you past all tests and open all the workouts, it gets a little boring after a while. I used to like to collect gold and buy new outfits, but then they stopped adding outfits for me to buy and kept getting new clothes for my trainers only. Then the music is so lame and the instructor constantly saying "ready" gets annoying. You can earn new music, but it still becomes too routine.

You can customize a character but it looks really cartoony and more like anime, so its not a good representation of you. As you lose or gain weight, your avatar starts to slim down, so I thought that was cute.

I do like how it keeps track of your calories and punch counts daily and accumulative. And a calendar with a boxing glove stamp with good or great depending on how many punches. The bonus games are nice too. But after 6 months, there's no growth and you kind of loose interest. Still a good workout overall if its just something you do occassionally and not make it your primary source of exercise.

I utimately traded the game in after 50,000+ punches. Just got store credit, looking to get a new fitness game for wii, any suggestions?