Hello Hello People to help keep me going!! friends wanted!!

Options
hey All

so Ive been using My fitness Pal for about a yr now on and off (more off then on) but here about 3 weeks ago i started up again, and also went for my bi-annual checkup to the doctor, and guess what you got it, i need to lose weight in order to even live! so the Doctor pretty much told me that the only thing he would suggest for me is a total revamp of me, and pretty much told me to get a Gastric Bypass done. Problem is 1 i don't want it. 2 scared to death of surgery! 3 after my wife finally talked me into the surgery i find out my insurance will not cover any of it. so back to square one I need to lose my weight, so i have started to lower my carbs intake down (suggested by the doctor) and holding strong for 3 weeks now (of course I have my good days and my bad days) not really counting calories, but i find my fitness pal has the best on the brake down apps out there, Hands Down!

i started My new life change at a weight of 340 LBS and now currently at 332 LBS, currently just looking for friends to help keep me motivated and in return help keep them going as well!! well thanks for letting me ramble on! Have a Great Day and many more to come!! :bigsmile:

Matt

Replies

• hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome job losing weight! That's an amazing start. :)

I'm on daily and use MFP religiously. I'll send you a request ^_^:glasses:
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt
    Congrats on the weight loss so far :-). It's hard but I know you can do it.

The Gastric Bypass isn't always the end all anyway. After the initial weight loss if your not careful and keep dieting you can gain it all back like I did and end up finding it harder then ever.

Good luck on your journey look forward to hearing more from you.

Dawn
  • juliashlem
    juliashlem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome Matt...sometimes the hardest part if the first day. You've done that an more. I really appreciate your efforts and I bet everyone who reads this will be motivated to keep up their own workouts. I just discovered this app when I decided I needed to work out to gain strength and lose a few pounds along the way.

Good luck and keep it up!

Julia
  • reconman
    reconman Posts: 3
    Options
    Losing is hard but every day that you dont gain is a day to remember. Good luck Matt!
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Surgery is a big deal...my sister had the lap band surgery and it's helped but she can't eat!!! Now I have about 20 pounds to lose but it's still hard but after a few months its getting easier...you'll love this website and these people are very supportive...please add me, I'm on every day!!! Good luck and great job losing what you have so far!!!
  • mattc3325
    mattc3325 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow I've been on other boards and never have had such positive feedback or quick! Thanks everyone for the worda of encurageencouragmentalso thanks for the friends too, remember we can rock our goals.

Cheers
    Matt