Workig Toward my Dream Goal

Options
I think I have finally decided to take this weight loss thing seriously, I'm 19 and looking for a desperate change, being a man it is very hard for me (and I'm sure others ) to see other men who can lift, and run 5 miles without dieing, so I took it upon myself and now I'm going to change and get a new body, for Summer 2011 and not be ashamed of the way I look. No more MOOBS and hopefully and hot bod!!

Thank you and feel free to add me as a friend we all need as much support as we can get to achieve our goals

Replies

• joromo
    joromo Posts: 3
    Options
    how about *working toward my dream goal....haha
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a huge help in loosing weight. I wish I had had it when I was 19 (not that I am ALL that much older lol). I'll send ya a friend request...could always use more support, and love to give it as well.
  • p8ntballa00
    Options
    Just make sure to pace yourself. And keep before and after pics. It's amazing to see how much you have changed over the months. 2 months ago, i had a gut and now i have abs. Pick an exercise that you like and do it. I love running and biking and teaching martial arts, so i do those as much as possible. If you're forcing yourself to do exercises you don't like, you won't stick with them long. Start with the basics of dieting. Pop? Nuh-uh. Get rid of it. Limit pasta and breads unless you're going to do long distance running like me. Even then, cut back on the amounts. Stay away from anything that has high fructose corn syrup. Those have ****loads of empty calories. But im sure you knew all this. Having said this, ill be here to support you every step of the way. No one fights alone. Good luck and get this **** done.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You are in the right place to get that hot bod next summer!! MFP, and the GREAT people here will give you all the tool's you need to do so. Add a little willpower, which it sounds like you have, and you are well on your way! You couldn't have said anything more truer then "could use more support". The more support the better, and a friend request is on it's way to you from me!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I hear ya man, I still go to the gym and get on a weight machine at 40lbs and see some guy come and sit on the one next to me and do like 150.. it is imtimidating, I am on the same path, I have been big most of my adult life and I am on my way to my dream weight!
    Just hang in there