Weigh Ins

Options
Just wondering if anyone else weighs in differently...meaning like every other week or once a month?? Sometimes you see more in that time. Let me know what you all think.

Replies

• cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Please do not take offense to this suggestion , but..you may want to place this topic in the search box.
    There have been a "ba-zillion" :tongue: replies to this age old question.
    Good Luck as you will find , from the many previous responses...consistency works.:wink:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in once a week every Friday morning. I had too much Yo-Yo weight doing it daily.
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly. (Plus I'm a little obsessed with getting on the scale a lot) I used to weigh in on Fri but then I'd eat bad and barely exercise all weekend and then spend the rest of the week going crazy trying to lose the weight I'd gained over the weekend. I now weigh in on Mondays and its working for me. Weekly or monthly I think it still adds up nice :o)
  • JennaMarie3
    JennaMarie3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i weigh in too often. i can completely weigh myself daily, but the ups and downs of that is too much. One day I'm completely pumped, and the next i'm depressed. I'm trying to only do it once a week now. Maybe I'll split the difference from what the others have said and weigh in on wednesdays. :-)
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Friday mornings as well :-).. I do occasionally step on the scale thruout the week but dont log it on here even if its down becuz my weight flucuates thruout the week..
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Right now I don't have a scale but it has been a blessing. (I borrow my cousins when I go visit). I noticed when I was weighing everyday that I focused on the weight and not how I felt and sometimes would even sabotage myself by "rewarding" myself with food if I lost. Thinking , "Oh I am down 2 lbs. I can afford that hot fudge sundae!!!" Sounds so silly , I know. i think I prefer less frequent weigh ins. Plus , I am not so discouraged everyday when I don't see a loss.
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, BUT I measure myself once a week. Since we know that we can lose inches quicker than pounds, I use both as a guide to how I'm doing. For instance, I've been frustrated because I haven't lost any weight over the past two weeks, but I've consistently lost over 1 inch both those weeks. So, regardless of what the scale says, I'm doing something right and I'm sure my scale will catch up to my measuring tape sooner or later! :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    just mondays for me, makes me more accountable over the weekend...
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Monday Morning:
    1 - Wake Up
    2 - use bathroom
    3 - brush teeth
    4 - weigh

In that order every Monday.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I check it every day or every couple days, but I only count the "official" weigh in once a week.
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday mornings, however I do a spot check on Wednesdays just to see how it is going. Last week it showed me a pound up on Wednesday and then on Sunday I was 2.4 down.

When working out on Saturday I always make sure to walk at least 1 extra mile than what I was planning... I look at it as getting the last big push in. :laugh:
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    thanks, I have been weighing once a week but was thinking about doing it every other week. Thank you for all the great advise!!!