What do you burn doing the 30 day shred?

Options
What do people log for the 30 day shred? I don't see it listed but what's the approximate burn for each level?

Replies

• DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training, if that helps!
  • mjsasha
    mjsasha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its about 200 calories for 20 minutes.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I burn around ~160 cals.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 DS and I use my elliptical.....I bought a heart rate monitor and used it while doing the elliptical and for 30 mins I only burn about 200 calories....30 DS isn't nearly as intense so I am guessing I don't actually burn much doing it :(
  • devonparks
    Options
    I literally just finished a Level 1 workout and it was 547 calories for 27 minutes (including the warm-up and cool down). If you don't have one, get a HRM. I always log 80% of the calories the monitor says, but of course the number of calories depends on how big you are too.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I would say that you might want to consider investing in a good HRM. I swear by mine. It makes me crazy motivated to be able to actually see what I'm burning, but also to know that it doesn't take all that much to get to a 60% heart rate and above, and sustaining that for at least 20 minutes a day is fat burning, easy, and can get the job done.

Worth it lady. :)
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Its about 200 calories for 20 minutes.

Yep! That's about what my HRM says.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ALSO!!!

The 30DS Does really produce an afterburn effect that I discovered only because I left my monitor on for two hours AFTER my workout, but accident.

You can use an HRM to find out how many calories you burn just sitting on your tuckus per hour, then compare that resting rate to what you get actually working out, ALL that good stuff.

Can you tell I like my HRM? :)
  • ajcrain
    ajcrain Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    At first I counted it as circuit training. Then I bought my hrm and my hrm was much higher than mfp circuit training count. I'm going to take a cal count in between the two. Hope this helps
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    When I started I was only burning 130-140, but after a few days I had too do the workout back too back because I wasn't feeling the burn. Then I started doing week 1-3 ery morn. It didn't take long for me too reach the 500 cal burn in 60 mins. I am now doing Ripped in 30 wk1 and 40 mins of 30 DS Today I burned 666 cals. It all depends on the intensity and the heavier the weights the more you'll burn. I am up too 15 pnd weights for this particular workout.
  • AAL94LBB
    AAL94LBB Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Perfect thanks! I'll definitely pick up a HRM when I'm out tomorrow!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    "Abs"olutely~~~~~You see what I did ther? ha! Get the Polar Hrm, this is the one I use
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    250ish for me, per Polar FT4 hrm
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it as light callisthenics (123cal) because I thought the circuit training figure (about 230 cal) seemed inflated. I'm 185lb.

Looks like the low figure is a gross underestimation then?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Curves Circuit Training, not Circuit training general

23, F 169lbs, I burn 157 cals for 25 minutes under Curves Circuit Training
    same stats, I burn 256 cals for 25 minutes under Circuit training general..

Anyone with a HRM, please post and confirm what I am saying.. the burn on the Curves Circuit Training is much closer to what a HRM would say I burned. Would hate to see folks log it under the wrong category and get extra then eat extra when they didn't burn that much
  • kosuski
    kosuski Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would say that you might want to consider investing in a good HRM. I swear by mine. It makes me crazy motivated to be able to actually see what I'm burning, but also to know that it doesn't take all that much to get to a 60% heart rate and above, and sustaining that for at least 20 minutes a day is fat burning, easy, and can get the job done.

Worth it lady. :)

What hrm do you have?