I need some motivational buddies!

Options
Hey Y'all!

I just switched back from WW to MFP. Again. I couldn't make up my mind.

I just cannot deal with the meetings and WW anymore. Calories seems a lot easier. And it's free.

Feel free to add me if you need encouragement or just want to give encouragement.

It's really hard for me to get back on track! :) And hey, if you are a former WW person and got tired of it and have found success here; add me!

I need new buddies. :)

Thanks so much!
Meredith

Ps
ANYONE who uses Fit Bit? I need to know if it's helpful! (I had Active Link...but just don't want to pay for it each month with everything else... and it only gives you points if you wear it all day. Umm... I ran/walked 4.2 miles before work and gave me "0" points since I hadn't worn it the rest of the day. No.

Replies

• fungaaron9880
    Options
    welcome back!! feel free to add me.
  • asgoodcst
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I did WW and got tired of the meetings and quite frankly, paying for it! Then I heard about this, I am on my first week. Good luck!
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Did WW last year and got tired of paying for it too (online only). I like the MFP- I can eat real food and I feel the online friends and app is supportive and condusive to being successful.... Been on for 8 days...
  • soldierswife26j
    Options
    I just canceled my weight watchers membership and came back to my fitness pal. I even put the apps on my phone, and bought a food scale today so I can count calories without just "eying" my portions. I need some friends to keep me motivated too. Weight watchers just wasn't working for me, and I wasn't losing any weight on it.
  • dairyfreebaby
    Options
    I also did WW. When I had a bad week, I stopped at the bar on the way home (which really wrecked everything :] ) plus it was more expensive than just the meetings. EEEEK. I also need a pick up from time to time. Please add me, so I can add you and possibly make the journey a lot easier.

Thanks
  • mimers80
    mimers80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have been on the ww roller coaster . I lost 40 pounds doing ww a couple years ago but managed to gain it all back within a year. I have found myself starting and stopping ww many times in the last year. I am trying to get back to that place where I am happy with myself and finally stay there....good luck with your journey!
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit, and I've been using it since Valentine's Day. I love it. I'm going to get the 'one' or 'flex' before Summer starts.

I'm not much of a gym person, and I really had no idea how active I really was. The tracker just counts steps, and calories, and miles. I still like it. I try to get in at least 5,500 steps in a day, and 2,200 calories burned. I usually get around 6,000 - 13,000 steps depending on what department I'm in at work. My partner has one, and we challenge each other to see how can take the most steps. It links with MFP even if you're unable to get the app on your phone, which is nice.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I can be your buddy!!
  • jjones9298
    Options
    I'd love to help you! I am a certified personal trainer and health coach...always happy to help others. You can find me at bodybelievehealth.com and www.facebook.com/coachjulieteambeachbody

:) Julie
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I roller coaster on WW myself and finally quit a couple of years ago. I started (with the help the Lord) losing weight and found this site in Jan I believe. I LOVE it!! There are some really supportative people on here. Feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I too am a WW convert. I've probably lost about 10 pounds, but I feel like the MFP app/site is so much easier to track.

I am a runner, so I find that eating carbs adds up reeeealllly quickly on WW - also, like you said, MFP is free!

I would love to be your buddy too - sometimes the road is rough, but you just have to remember your goals, and that every day is a new day!
  • 90shilling
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I had a pretty sobering moment when I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office today. I knew my pants were feeling a little snug, but I had no idea how bad it had gotten. I'm re-dedicating myself as of today and definitely could use some reinforcement.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I have been on the MFP site for a year. I lost 15lbs last year - and gained it back by Christmas this year. I lost 5 after Christmas - gained 6.8 on a Jamaican vacation end of Jan... omg! anyway - I'm back at it since 05 Feb - and reached 11.8 lbs at this point with a goal to have 20 lbs off by my MAY birthday!

I used to attend WW also - found the meetings ZERO motivation... some of the "leaders" read to us... I thought - give it to me I'll read it myself.... anyway - I have found and continue to find the MFP buddies awesome! Tracking is a tool that just works well for me!

I have started a 21 day challenge on here - that I'm also inviting MFP buddies to join - to do "purposeful" exercise for 21 days... to try and form that habit! so - feel free to join that also!

Feel free to add me. I love the support and I love to give encouragement... and check in with MFP buddies!

T. :flowerforyou:
  • pnaymommy3
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you...I need some motivational buddies. Never been on WW but always wanted to try it out...not anymore though. Feel free to add me...would love to meet new people...it's so much more inspiring and motivating having other people for support, sharing one common goal.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :D
  • Mere_the_Mermaid
    Mere_the_Mermaid Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOW!

Thanks to everyone for the replies and requests!

I feel like people on MFP are WAY nicer than the WW boards. Like, a lot!

xoxo

Good luck to all!
  • LeenBess
    LeenBess Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! I'm just the person you want to talk to. I am a WW lifetime member but the new program with the "free" fruit.....does NOT work for me! I only need to lose 20 pounds and WW was really making me depressed.......my doctor told me about MFP and I am sold!
    I am 7 pounds down and doing great! Good luck! lets encourage each other!
  • ScottThomasM
    Options
    Welcome to the site, feel free to add me! (Everyone else too!)

I've heard that converts from WW get a bit of a shock when they realize their 0 point foods like fruit contain upwards of 80~ calories. Been on here about 3 weeks myself and counting calories is proving to be the best way to go, welcome to our world :D

I'd add I've never used Fitbit but I bought myself a heart rate monitor (Polar FT4) and loving it ever since. Tracks my time and calories burned based on my HR via a chest strap. Just taking my dog for a 10 minute walk/jog burns 100 calories :D