Awesome" forgotten" movies from yesteryear

Options

Replies

• _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hmm, most of these aren't really 'forgotten".
    First one that came to my mind is "The Legacy" (70s horror flick w/ Sam Elliot, Katherine Ross, Charles Gray and... Roger Daltrey)

i remember The Legacy. filmed at an English estate.

Yah I have the DVD but I haven't actually re-watched it. I wonder if it has held up well with time???
    Whoa, was there something about a really old guy dying, and at one point he reached out and grabbed someone with his creepy bony hands and put a ring on someone's finger? Because if so that gave me nightmares as a child when I saw part of it without my parents knowledge.
  • TraceyG1971
    TraceyG1971 Posts: 123
    Options
    The Haunting w/ Liam Nieson,Catherine Zeta Jones, Owen Wilson
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    FallingInLoveWithMe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    miracle
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's so bad, it's good.

09fe3ed8-5510-49f6-afa5-af9e7ba12d2b_zpsee66a0cc.jpg

THIS! Oh, and the original "Hairspray".
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great topic!

Does anyone remember "Night of the Comet?" That was probably the first sci-fi movie I watched when I was younger--wish I could find it to see again.

OMG, this was just on a few weeks ago on TV. I think it was on AMC and I sat and watched the stupid thing!! I watch it every time its on!
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great topic!

Does anyone remember "Night of the Comet?" That was probably the first sci-fi movie I watched when I was younger--wish I could find it to see again.

OMG, this was just on a few weeks ago on TV. I think it was on AMC and I sat and watched the stupid thing!! I watch it every time its on!

Ah bummed I missed it! I will have to keep an eye out for it!
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    the never ending story

Fright Night
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great topic!

Ah Geez!! That's a great one!!! Hmmm, how about "The Faculty"?? That's also very awesome!!
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The Outsiders, Dirty Dancing, Freeway, The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Overboard, Once Bitten

OMG, I love MOIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Crusin'

The Taking of Pelham 123 (the 1974 version)

The Great Escape
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Did anyone mention Trilogy Of Terror yet? It was on TV in the 70's when I was a kid and gave me nightmares.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Killer Klowns from Outer Space

JM
  • taelardinois
    taelardinois Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me, I would say High Tension and Martyrs (although I dont think Martyrs really qualifies as "yesteryear" it is kinda hard to find since my Blockbuster went out of business... Should have bought both of these movies then when I had the chance :cry:

Martyrs! Did you hear they are making an American version? Sure to ruin it. :-/ And now I dying to watch Logan's Run and Point Break.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Did anyone mention Fast times at Ridgemont High?
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hmm, most of these aren't really 'forgotten".
    First one that came to my mind is "The Legacy" (70s horror flick w/ Sam Elliot, Katherine Ross, Charles Gray and... Roger Daltrey)

i remember The Legacy. filmed at an English estate.

Yah I have the DVD but I haven't actually re-watched it. I wonder if it has held up well with time???
    Whoa, was there something about a really old guy dying, and at one point he reached out and grabbed someone with his creepy bony hands and put a ring on someone's finger? Because if so that gave me nightmares as a child when I saw part of it without my parents knowledge.

Hmm, I don't remember that part. I remember choking on a chicken bone (I think that was Roger Daltrey), someone swimming in a pool and while underwater the top layer turned to glass, and something about a guy being fed to dogs. Oh yah, these were the types of movies I saw as a small child..
    Oh speaking of which-- Phantasm anyone?
    Now that one gave me horrible nightmares as a child but has not held up well with time.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The Dream Team

Problem Child

Dangerous Minds
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Dunno if this is forgotten, but i watched this yesterday :heart:

guns-of-navarone.jpg
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Not sure if forgotten, but . . . The Great Escape

Definitely not forgotten, truly awesome:)
    How about, The Magnificent Seven?
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Cruel Intentions.

Awesome film when I was a teen lol