started two days ago :)

Options
Hi, I'm new here and I like it already, I would love to find some friends for this weight loss journey :)

I'm currently 136 lbs and 18 years old, I've gained weight recently due do depression and struggling with eating disorders and I would feel a lot better in my body if I lost the extra weight I have gained in healthy ways this time.

(please excuse my english, this is not my first language)

Replies

• fungaaron9880
    Options
    welcome!! glad to have you with us :)
  • 1995melissa
    Options
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Same age as me lol and your english is perfect :wink: I'd be more than happy to have you as a friend :drinker:
  • 1995melissa
    Options
    Haha, good to know I'm always a bit unsure! nice to meet you :)
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! I'm Ashley, and I am 22.. I'm also trying to lose a few pounds. We are all here to help :-)
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    welcome on board
  • Eolv
    Eolv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, my name is Melissa as well and I just started becoming active on this site.. And I also have had a history struggling with an eating disorder, and depression. Weird coincidences. x)
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Also never get depressed about eating its a natural thing its just most tend to over do it and some more than most. But life still goes on and inleast you wanna help change yourself which is a great start :flowerforyou:
  • 1995melissa
    Options
    Thanks!

And wow, that's an awesome coincidence. Glad to see that I'm not the only one that went that way before and now decided to be healthy :)
  • 1995melissa
    Options
    Yeah well I have my ups and downs, trying to stop that thanks for the support ! What's weird is that the time that I was the healthier and most in shape was when I didn't care at all? that's kinda ironic.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • 1995melissa
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, i am on here several times a day. i would love to have you as a partner in weight loss! together we can make our goals! i have sent you a friend request !
  • jcreighton48
    jcreighton48 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too was depressed for a while after I finished high school, gained a bit of weight, and I know first hand this site can really help you lose the weight you want. And when you do you start to feel better about yourself, so it's really a win win! Good luck!