Dorm room dessert?

Options
Hi! So I'm a college student living in the dorms and I would love some ideas for small, low cal dessert treats? Normally after dinner I ALWAYS eat an orange and either a piece of dark chocolate, a fiber one 90 calorie chocolate bar, or two caramel candies or sometimes I'll heat up an apple with some chai tea. I know I need a small treat at the end of the day to stick with things because I have a huge sweet tooth, but I'm kinda getting bored with my usual. Anyone have any ideas of foods I can stock in the dorm for any easy, low cal, sweet tooth satisfying dessert?

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I always keep some fun-sized candy bars and saltwater taffies in my dessert cupboard. Seems to help.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Not sure of your definition of "easy," but a lot of these can be cleaned up healthwise
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/delicious-snacks-in-a-mug
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Pudding doesn't do too much damage. :D
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cakes!
    Mix one box of angel food cake with one box one any flavor cake mix (chocolate strawberry, whatever- but ONE BOX HAS TO BE ANGEL FOOD CAKE).
    Get 3 tablespoons of the cake, add two tablespoons of water, mix it, 1 minute in the microwave. Makes a small little single-serving cupcake-sized cake. :)
    It's about 100 calories, so not exactly low-calorie, but still delicious. And if you do chocolate cake, you can add a Dove square to the top of the cake. As it cooks, the square sinks to the middle, and it gets molten and gooey inside.
  • wandarb
    wandarb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Pudding: 1 Vanilla Flavoured Low Fat Sugar Free Pudding Mix
    19 ounce tin crushed pineapples
    1 cup plain yogurt

Mix together. Makes 4 servings...I find it sweet, satisfying and healthy > fruit and yogurt.

Bon appetite!
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Get some almond milk and/or coconut milk
    Buy some chia seeds (not cheap but they'll last a while).
    Poor a cup or so of liquid. Add a tablespoon of chia.
    Stir.
    Let it sit about 10-15 minutes and it turns into a jelly like sweet treat. You can use any kind of liquid, those are just my favorites!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I get the mini pots of chocolate, banana or strawberry custard. They don't need refrigerating, but I stick mine in the freezer and they come out like ice cream.
    Plenty of places do various one pot desserts. You could get some pots of instant oatmeal if you have a kettle there, and add in some mashed banana or berries.
    Peanut butter on a banana or apple is another idea.
    Rice cakes with mashed banana or low sugar jam or a nut butter is another idea.
    You can get some sweet and salty popcorn, there are some reasonably healthy ready popped ones in individual bags.
    Raw fruit bars or seed bars (we have one here called 9 bar. It is seeds and honey).
    A handful of nuts and some dark chocolate chips.
    A healthy granola can be snacked on too, just put a serving in a bowl.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I make a "fake cinnabon" that tastes amazing. I use Joseph's Bakery lavash, 2tbsp So Delicious coconut creamer, Torani sugar free vanilla syrup, cinnamon and splenda and it ends up being 120 calories, 10g net carbs, 10g protein, and 4g fat. I just mix and microwave everything but the bread for like 30 seconds, pour it over the bread, then microwave for another 45 seconds.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Motts unsweetened fruitsations cups...they are sooooo delicious! (and about 60 cals each)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave? or maybe you can do this in a hot pot??

Apples, sprinkled with cinnamon, microwave till soft.. dallop of cool whip.. or vanilla bean ice cream..

oh man.. now i want apple pie with ice cream.. lol
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • bottom
    bottom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    3-2-1 cakes!
    Mix one box of angel food cake with one box one any flavor cake mix (chocolate strawberry, whatever- but ONE BOX HAS TO BE ANGEL FOOD CAKE).
    Get 3 tablespoons of the cake, add two tablespoons of water, mix it, 1 minute in the microwave. Makes a small little single-serving cupcake-sized cake. :)
    It's about 100 calories, so not exactly low-calorie, but still delicious. And if you do chocolate cake, you can add a Dove square to the top of the cake. As it cooks, the square sinks to the middle, and it gets molten and gooey inside.

This, most dorms have a floor microwave, at least my daughters did. Put it all in a gallon zip lock bag and cook in your favorite coffee cup.
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This may be far fetched for you but I have gotten in the habit of eating sweet potato microwaved or baked with cinnamon and whipped cream. It's sweet and super filling. I am so full with that that the thought of food makes me sick! Sweet potatoes are also a great complex carb with low calories. I like the yams better the ones that are orangish are more sweet.
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cakes!

Oh my god this sound fabulous! I'm doing this for next week's desserts. Thanks for sharing!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    2 Sexy co eds

2 Naughty school girl outfits

1 can of whip cream

1 bottle of rum
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    2 Sexy co eds

2 Naughty school girl outfits