ARGHHH, Girl Scout Cookies!

Options
Anyone else have a girl scout in the house? My daughter is so proud that she sold lots of boxes - of course, 10 of them are for our house. I haven't attacked them yet, but I feel my willpower breaking down. Savannah Smiles, Thin Mints and Tagalongs. I know I can work a few of them into my calorie allottment, but I'm afraid that if I allow myself 2 or 3, I won't be able to stop and will eat the box!!

How do I keep these in the house as a treat for the kids and not tackle them myself? Help me.......I'm caving........

Replies

• ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for the family because I live alone, but I caved and bought two boxes the other day. Which means I'll eat the two boxes myself since no one else is here to do so! Personally, I have an 'out of sight, out of mind' mentality - so I threw a box in the freezer and put another in the cabinet, and I usually forget about them.

Also, I always track my food the night before/morning of - so if you allow yourself to have one or two, you won't feel as bad if you have the calories left. :-)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    They always try and catch me at the entrance of the supermarket. I told them I was off cookies, but I would love to give a donation. They were very nice and accepted it without trying to push any on me. Now I don't have a daughter, so I don't have to worry about that. I would suggest taking them into work or some other situation so that others can help you out.
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yes my girl is a daisy and one day last week I downed an entire box of thin mints by myself in one day.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I thought I was safe this year. Then my wife told me that she had actually purchased several boxes, and that they were in the pantry. Needless to say, their stay here was a brief one.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I had an open roll in the freezer. My husband opened the door too fast and they fell out, shattering on the kitchen floor. I yell "my girl scout cookies! You *kitten*!" I eat two a day just for my chocolate fix or I will murder somebody. Tomorrow's not looking too good.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My partner and I bought nine boxes, so I mean...haha. He's eaten the bulk of them. I took out a few of each kind and put them in a ziplock baggie and told myself "when they're gone, they're gone." It's been a few weeks, and we only have a box left and my cookie bag still has a few in them.

It's really just willpower, but at the same time cookie time is only once a year!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    thin mints are my downfall even though i am diabetic. when i see one of :cry: the girls selling them i have to avoid them because i am too weak.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have bought two boxes of the Lemonades. I allow myself one per day. I kept them in my car out of reach of the drivers seat for the first box. The second is here in my office where I can't really see it but between the desk and the door so I do see them when I get up but if I got one then I would have to share because people would know they were open and here the rustle! I hate to be so selfish but not sure I would give in to a third box and I really do look forward and enjoy my one a day. Wish I had some Sav. Smiles-they are very low calorie each!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I bought 6 boxes from some scouts outside of the grocery store...those little brats. kidding.

I haven't splurged though...I'll have a serving size (2 or 3 cookies) for a snack every now and then (today I had the peanut butter cookies). The caramel delights haven't been opened, yet, however...those are my downfall.:embarassed:
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Have 6 boxes of cookies in the house right now....damn you guys. I forgot about them ( in the freezer). Until I read this post! Lol
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    We bought 6 boxes (Samoa are my goto) but in my case I just save room for some (2 or 3) at bedtime... It will ultimately come down to getting to the point where you can indulge in moderation. For me by not depriving myself of these treats it gives me discipline knowing that I can look forward to having a few everyday. It takes time to build up the willpower to do this but you can get there...... Best of Luck
  • kshawldo
    kshawldo Posts: 5
    Options
    My neighborhood teenage girl came around to sell cookies, I had the option of purchasing the cookies and they will donate them to soldiers. I purchased 3 boxes and won't have the temptation of having them in the house:)
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My neighborhood teenage girl came around to sell cookies, I had the option of purchasing the cookies and they will donate them to soldiers. I purchased 3 boxes and won't have the temptation of having them in the house:)

Awesome idea! Bet if they did this locally they would sell more to all of us, even those eating them.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    All groups should have that option.
  • Lisabel
    Lisabel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You mean Crack Cookies!! my daughter is a girl scout and she sold over 200 boxes we bought 10 from her and then my husband bought another 6 from different troops outside of the grocery stores! Luckily he's eaten most of them.
  • jumpingsparrow
    Options
    I think if you allow yourself a couple cookies now and then, you are more likely to not binge on the entire box. Eat healthy the majority of the time, and indulge in moderation! Don't deny yourself the happiness of a cookie because it may make you resent your diet/lifestyle. I say have a cookie! And don't have one tomorrow. Choose your days :)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    They stalk me! They're at both the grocery stores I go to, they show up at work (damn my coworkers and their kids), they find me everywhere :)

I haven't fallen for it yet! I'm pretty good at out running them and their thin mints!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It's that time of the year again. I bought 2 boxes of thin mints yesterday. You can bet that they're gone.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna do it, do it right! Try putting a Samoa in the microwave for a few seconds. 8)~