How long till you saw a change/needed new pants size

Options
I'm down 14lbs.
I still see no change in the mirror, and only small changes in pictures.
I've lost inches because Ive done 30 day shred once, and im repeating it again.
I still cant even fit into pants I bought less than 6 months ago that fit.

How long until you all saw changes and were able to fit into your clothes again?

I heard around 20 lbs?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you have to lose. I'm at 20 lb and still fit fine in my jeans (just a couple of them are starting to fall, but in the back only).
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have 29 left to lose to goal weight.

I can't even get my thigh through most of my jeans, haha.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Funny you ask this - I had a COMPLETE meltdown last Friday after taking a picture and comparing it to December 14 and I saw NO change (after 26 pounds). My pants are still tight, not as tight as they were - they were cutting off my circulation, but they are still tight. But, after my meltdown, that I shared on here, everyone was so supportive and asking me how did I feel? Did I feel better (because I have lost 26 lbs)? And I do, the changes will come, and for that reason, I shall push on and you shall too! Best of luck. Hugs!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of this depends on the percentage of body weight you've lost rather than comparing time or amounts lost. I've lost 8.5% of my body weight, and am able to get into some of the larger of my smaller size now. I'm not sure what that percentage would be for you, or if it would work to do it that way. I hate wearing belts, so I can't wait to get on down to the next size! I keep going to Goodwill for some that fit instead of wearing a belt. LOL It is a GREAT feeling when it happens! And keep measuring...that is always motivating! Just seeing my arms growing stronger and my calves getting bigger through muscle helps me know I'm progressing, even if I'm not yet losing as much as I want to in my waist. I have now lost 2" of waist, though. Whew. Keep at it!
  • Makoce
    Options
    Im really bad at measuring and I can never get an accurate measurement, so I don't go based on body fat percentage.
    Just weight loss.
    Hopefully Ill get there.

And thank you for the encouragement KathyPBiles! I would have a meltdown too, to be honest! But youre so right, youve come so far!
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 pounds down and I've just gone from my 16's being tight to being loose, but 14's are still too tight.
  • Makoce
    Options
    I'm 25 pounds down and I've just gone from my 16's being tight to being loose, but 14's are still too tight.

The ones I bought 6 months ago are the same size as the only pair of pants that fit me now, just different brands. Haha!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the difference is between us - I've lost 14 lbs too, and I've had to buy new pants - down to size 4 from size 8-10 because the 10s were just looking ridiculously baggy, although they weren't falling down yet. It's taken about 5 months and I've dropped 4 inches off my hips.

I guess it depends on where you lose the fat from? I've always been pretty lean in the upper body, so I think the majority of those 14 pounds came off of my hips and butt. Maybe try taking a variety of measurements, rather than just pants size?
  • lizibame
    lizibame Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Alot has to do with your height too, losing 14 pounds on someone who is 5'1 looks completely different than someone who is 5'10, like the one guy said it's more like a percentage of body fat
  • Makoce
    Options
    Probably 14lbs from my boobs, haha!

Im 5'2" so I don't know
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm down 14lbs.

How long until you all saw changes and were able to fit into your clothes again?

I heard around 20 lbs?

I've lost 45 lbs and see no difference. I still wear the same size pants, although they apparently fit differently (I can't tell, but others tell me they do).

Just go by how you feel! :)
  • Makoce
    Options
    I'm down 14lbs.

I heard around 20 lbs?

I've lost 45 lbs and see no difference. I still wear the same size pants, although they apparently fit differently (I can't tell, but others tell me they do).

Just go by how you feel! :)

Wow! Interesting
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This is very individual so it will depend on your body composition, height, shape, etc. My mom dropped a size after 15 pounds, but she's short. I'm taller and even though I lost 25 pounds total I never dropped a size the entire time. I finally only dropped a size after my doctor put me on an elimination diet for digestive problems and I stopped eating gluten and dairy. I didn't lose any weight, which is good because I'm on maintenance, but I dropped from a solid size 8 to a loose size 6 within 2 weeks. My doctor said it was probably due to the bloating being gone. :flowerforyou:

ETA: So even though I lost a significant % of body fat during my weight loss, my abdominal bloating from food allergies kept my pant size larger than it should have been. So to answer your original question, I guess that means that if I had been normal and not had gluten/casein bloating, it took me 20-25 pounds to go down a size.
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Funny you ask this - I had a COMPLETE meltdown last Friday after taking a picture and comparing it to December 14 and I saw NO change (after 26 pounds). My pants are still tight, not as tight as they were - they were cutting off my circulation, but they are still tight. But, after my meltdown, that I shared on here, everyone was so supportive and asking me how did I feel? Did I feel better (because I have lost 26 lbs)? And I do, the changes will come, and for that reason, I shall push on and you shall too! Best of luck. Hugs!

This made my night! Thank you! I have been feeling blah also for not seeing a change!
  • sarahxx68
    sarahxx68 Posts: 42
    Options
    At about 13 pounds down and I can JUST squeeze into the one size smaller pair of pants that I bought for 'inspiration.' It was incredibly discouraging, I know weight loss takes time but of course I want to see results. My current jeans fit, just not in the butt. At all. But if I keep up at it I'll be fitting comfortably (or they'll be too big!) into my 'inspiration' jeans by the time my vacation comes around in August-eyes on the prize.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm down around 35 pounds and I've gone from a size 14 or 15 to a size 10 or 11 and my 10's are falling down.
  • Makoce
    Options
    At about 13 pounds down and I can JUST squeeze into the one size smaller pair of pants that I bought for 'inspiration.' It was incredibly discouraging, I know weight loss takes time but of course I want to see results. My current jeans fit, just not in the butt. At all. But if I keep up at it I'll be fitting comfortably (or they'll be too big!) into my 'inspiration' jeans by the time my vacation comes around in August-eyes on the prize.

I set aside some pants too! Cant get a leg in them, haha!!
    I too have a vacation coming, in June. So hopefully if not a different size pants, than a better body shape.
    Or at least looking better in pants.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on your size to, like 5'2 and 150 lbs to start is not going to see the dif in 14 lbs gone like someone that is 5'2 and 130 lbs to start will see the dif in the same amount of weight lost.

I was 220 to start and size 18' 20 now i am around 150/160 and take a size 12/14
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

I set aside some pants too! Cant get a leg in them, haha!!
    I too have a vacation coming, in June. So hopefully if not a different size pants, than a better body shape.
    Or at least looking better in pants.

Yes! It's not the size that matters so much as the way your body looks in clothes. Even if you don't lose a size, you're sure to have a nicer body by then! :heart:
  • Makoce
    Options
    I think it would depend on your size to, like 5'2 and 150 lbs to start is not going to see the dif in 14 lbs gone like someone that is 5'2 and 130 lbs to start will see the dif in the same amount of weight lost.

I was 220 to start and size 18' 20 now i am around 150/160 and take a size 12/14

I'm 5'2" and I was 168, now im 154.