How often do you exercise?

Options
I've been super busy lately (working 2 jobs, one of which is full time, and studying) and I find it really hard to squeeze my workouts in. I've really only been getting 2 weight sessions and one walk/jog in each week and feel like this isn't enough.

I would love to know how many workouts you all do and how you spend your workout time, especially those without much weight to lose or looking to build muscle.

thanks!

Replies

• Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of cardio MWF
    30 minutes of weights T Th

Works for me.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I work full time and I'm a grad student (final semester! Graduation in May!!) but I workout 4 to 6 times a week, for about an hour or so. My apartment complex has a full gym and my paid gym is walking distance from my office. I literally have to walk by my paid gym to get the train home. For me easier access means I'm more likely to go. I normally mix cardio and weights but for the last two days I've been running to get back into race shape.
  • taelardinois
    taelardinois Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lift 3 times a week and cardio 4 times... Usually the same days I lift plus one stand alone cardio session.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on graduating!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • julialou1979
    julialou1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have a toddler. I have to prioritize workouts, but find I can run 4 days a week, have really long walks 1 day a week, and weight train 1. I used to do more weights, but I'm focusing on running since I'm training for a half in May. I run mostly at a silly time in the morning since it's the easiest time to get to myself!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred (28 minutes) and Kickbox Fastfix (20 minutes). I work full time, have a house, husband and two toddlers to take care of, and I'm thinking of going back to school. Time won't just appear, you have to make it. I work out 6-7 days a week.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    I work out every day, 7 days a week. I do this because I like it, and if I miss a day, I don't feel as good. I think I'm addicted to the endorphins, seriously. ;)

M-F I lift for about an hour, do cardio for about 30 min.
    Weekends I just do cardio, 45-60 minutes.

This is a lot, but it's actually less than I used to do...I used to do an hour or more of cardio every day--mostly because I like to eat a lot of food, and I had to come up with a calorie deficit somehow!! Lol
  • CreativeFedora
    Options
    I'm fortunate to work from my home office and get my workouts in early in the morning, 6:30/7ish. I tend to do 4-6 sessions and varying types depending if I'm bulking up or cutting.

But several times a year I'm off on jobs that last anywhere from 1 - 5 weeks with no time for any kind of working out. During those times I'm critical about what I eat and will target my cal intake to my BMR.

Starting April 1st I start up my cardio program, Can't weight! 80mins of stair climbing 2 times a week.