Starting 30 Day Shred Today.......Anyone in??!!??

Good Morning!!!
I'm planing to start the 30 day shred today......3/12/13 and am looking for anyone else that might be interested in joining me!! Here's a little background on me:

My name is Jessie and I am a 37 year old mom, wife and bank manager. I have three children, my daughter, Elise, is 3 and my twins, Claire and Will, were born in October. I am looking to lose about 40 pounds. I want to look good in my jeans, of course, but most of all, I want to be healthy and set a good example for my kids!!

I know that the 30 Day Shred works, and takes very little time out of a busy schedule. I am looking for some similarly minded people to join me for this challenge. Anyone in??? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your goals and why you want to get healthy. Add me if you would like and let's get started today!!!

I'm a Friday weigh in person, but weigh in on your preferred day. I am planning to take weekly photos and measurements to track my progress. I also plan to take Sundays as a rest day. I would like to specify one day a week to discuss the previous week and what we are doing going forward, our successes, stumbles and so on. Anyone interested?? I will start a group.:happy:

Replies

• Melanya7
    Melanya7 Posts: 24
    Jessie, I am a bit ahead of you. I wanted to repost this to help encourage you. Let's keep each other motivated:

I started February 22 and I take a rest day every 5 days or so. I am on level 2 day 6. This work out has been the number one game changer for me post-partum. I gained a whopping 58 pounds and was up to 188 before I gave birth in July (pre-pregnancy weight usually low 130s). I lost a good bit after the swelling went down but was wearing a size 12 back to work!

I finally got serious about tracking and eating better in December. SInce then I have lost about 10 more pounds getting me into the low 140s; however, I was still a size 10 squeezing into 8s.Reluctantly, I committed to the Shred. Halfway through it I can button my old 6s! Just shy of 8 months post-partum I am finally feeling hope and as others have noted, I look like the old me. A student said to me last week, "whatever you are doing, it's working." I packed up all my baggy clothes today :)

Sure, I still have some muffin top and the scale has only budged about 1.5 pounds, but the inches are creeping off and my husband told me I looked sexy for the first time in about a year.I can't say enough about this workout. I both dread and welcome level 3.

Keep it up! Eat clean! It works. Don't be discouraged by weight gain...I was up 3 pounds yesterday and it melted off this morning. I seem to gain at the beginning of each level. I suppose it's water in the muscles trying to heal.

BTW: I am Mel. 32 live in New England with hubby and first daughter.
  • I just started it today, so I am a day behind, but would love to join you. I, too, am a 37 year old mother of three, working full time. I love this workout. I did it a few years ago and lost so many inches and went down 2 sizes. Would love to do that again!

Count me in!
  • I'm in! Started last night:) good luck! Are you doing anything else with it?
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    I'm starting over from Day 1 again. Saw good results last time, but never finished.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    I am ahead of you...start level 2 tomorrow... good luck... I a single mother of twin( they are 11)... I want this for me. I am 39 but feel 19 : ) good luck all. We can do this.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    I started March 11th. I am doing my 3rd day today. I would love some extra motivation. I am doing ok so far but I don't know how I will feel after I start level 2.
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Hi there. L1D4 complete. In 36, work FT at a desk. I'm between goals at the moment and using 30DS to ketone moving while I waffle. Feel free to add me (I'm Crystal)