Early AM Work Out - What do you eat?

Options
I'm starting a workout first thing in the morning (cardio/yoga) and am wondering what, how much and when I should eat beforehand. Thoughts? Thanks!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a workout first thing in the morning (cardio/yoga) and am wondering what, how much and when I should eat beforehand. Thoughts? Thanks!

Plenty of room for personal preference here. Some people can train fasted and if you feel and perform fine doing so, there's nothing wrong with it. (Some people can't due to performance reasons or passing out afterwards/etc).
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Plenty of room for personal preference here. Some people can train fasted and if you feel and perform fine doing so, there's nothing wrong with it. (Some people can't due to performance reasons or passing out afterwards/etc).

I train fasted because I work out at home and would get sick if I ate just before working out. But then again, since I am at home, I eat as soon as I am done. Some mornings I even manage to get the steel cut oats going while I work out.
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For cardio, something small, like a clementine.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I also don't eat anything before an early morning workout. I just make sure that the day before I am pretty well fueled. I get very sick to my stomach if I do