I Am Having a Hard Time Eating Healthy Food!!!!

Options
It is getting really hard for me to eat healthy! I am use to eating fried, greasy, and fatting foods 3 times a day. I have been on this diet for a couple of weeks and i was doing pretty good but then i splurged and i can't seem to find myself wanting to eat healthy again!! Do yall have any suggetstions?? Thanks Hannah :)

Replies

• lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    I would try to find healthy twists on your old favorites so you don't miss them as much. What food do you usually eat maybe we could help.
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    Make a list of reasons you want to lose weight and post them in kitchen them. Don't have any unhealthy food in the house, get rid of what you might have. I recommend a book called "The end of overeating" by Dr. David Kessler. It is really informative and gives tips on how to rewire our brains so that we can resist temptation. You need to know how you're going to talk yourself out of the temptation before the temptation hits. Also make a list of the food that are "trigger" foods (foods you can't resist) and tempting situations and avoid both of them.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You need to try new recipes, What do you like to eat and find the healthier version to make it. Do you set goals and rewards for making your goals?? Look in a mirror and say to your self I want to loose weight because......... Get your mind set at what your going to do.
  • KJVgirlhannah
    Options
    well i eat bagels, yogurt, fruit, peanut butter, lots of salads and veggies and grilled chicken.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but once you start eating right, after about a week or maybe two it will be the other way around, I used to love eating out and eating junk, now I get sick feeling when I eat junk..
  • KJVgirlhannah
    Options
    see one thing i have a hard time with is i work at burger king and it is really hard at the end of the day when i have worked so hard and even though i bring healty snacks i feel like i deserve something i really want.
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    see one thing i have a hard time with is i work at burger king and it is really hard at the end of the day when i have worked so hard and even though i bring healty snacks i feel like i deserve something i really want.

Trying telling yourself that you deserve to be healthy.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It must be hard working around all that fast food to avoid temptation. I would just suggest getting quite full on healthy stuff so there is no room left for any junk. Eventually it will become a habit and the not so healthy stuff will become an occasional treat.
  • JoannieJenkins
    JoannieJenkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First thing I see is the word 'diet'. In my experience, diets don't work. What IS working (for me) is changing little things for life. If I want a hamburger, I make it a turkey burger instead. Instead of pan frying it, I toss it on the grill. If you want yogurt, get the light. Now that strawberries are in season, I've been having an Activia Light and 3 sliced strawberries for breakfast YUM!
    When I go out to eat now I look at the healthy(er) section on the menu.
    jrich is right... I was a drive-thru junky, and now... just the thought of eating that stuff makes me queezy. It just takes a bit of time.
    Not sure if this is helping any... I'm just ranting here... but I guess my suggestions are:
    1. Think before you eat. Do you really want THAT or is there a healthier substitute?
    2. If you really want THAT... then eat half of it and then get back on track. Depriving yourself of something is going to make you want it all the more. Just do it less often.
    3. And most important.... be patient with yourself. You're going through a LOT of changes right now. Take deep calming breaths and picture yourself as a much healthier and happier you.
    Good luck!!!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I suggest checking out the Hungry Girl books. She has recipes in there on onion rings, delicious french toast, tasty finger foods and even yummy desserts! The only difference is that all of these recipes are quite healthier than usual. The only thing you have to make sure of in these books is the sodium content because it is usually quite high.
    Good luck! I know it can be hard getting back on track, especially after you splurge, but trust me..it's totally worth it! :happy:
  • beckyh516
    beckyh516 Posts: 2
    Options
    I hear ya!! I love pizza, ice cream, fried foods, etc. It's ok to eat them once in a while, in moderation. You just need to remember your goal. Do you want to lose weight and be healthy??

Don't keep the bad stuff in your house!! Don't go grocery shopping hungry. Buy healthy foods like baby carrots, almonds, fruit, salad, etc. If you have these things in your house, it should be easier to eat and snack healthy!

Make going out to eat a special occasion - not an everyday occurance.

These are all things that I struggle with as well. It's easy to give advice, but not so easy to follow it! ;-)

You CAN do it!! And just think how awesome you'll look and feel once you reach your goal!
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    well i eat bagels, yogurt, fruit, peanut butter, lots of salads and veggies and grilled chicken.

Some healthier options for some of these are:
    Bagels= high fiber English muffin
    Yogurt= Greek more protein
    Peanut Butter= organic no sugar added

There are tons of things you can do with a salad that would make more appetizing you can even add a little pasta salad to a salad. Just fing some healthy foods you really like and build a salad around them.
    You can take a piece of iceberg lettuce and make a wrap with grilled chicken and some other veggies and a little dressing of choice.
    Find ingredients you like and type them in on allrecipes.com. For instance I love cilantro, beans and tomatoes so that usually leads me to bean salads and salsas for topping/dressing things.
    Check out these websites for some other ideas.
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/
    http://www.cookinglight.com/
    http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/
  • KJVgirlhannah
    Options
    Thanks a lot EVERYONE!! I feel encouraged now!!