Zumba

Options
I am Doing 60mins of Zumba, Is that Good Calorie burning workout? I wonder how many Calories are burned..Does anyone know?

Replies

• gingerygal
    gingerygal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Should be a great workout. I love it! Here is a link to calculate calories burned doing Zumba.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • loftonr
    loftonr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yes I love it too! defiently won't get bored with it!
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    I am a Zumbra Instructor and use a calorie counter band for my classes and I burn 590 calories in a 45 minute class...it is a very intense class though...this will probably help a little bit more..

Zumba
    The original Zumba Fitness workout kick-started the expanded Zumba Fitness program and lineup of official Zumba classes now offered. You can typically burn between 300 and 800 calories per hour in a regular Zumba class, according to ZumbaGetFit.com. If you're a beginner, you'll likely burn fewer calories. However, some Zumba aficionados, such as Zumba instructors, tend to burn even more than the average amount of calories burned during Zumba--between 1,000 and 1,500 calories per hour--according to Zumba Dallas and Zumba of Michigan. Weight and size also determine how many calories you burn in a Zumba class. For example, during a typical high-impact dance aerobics class, a person weighing 160 lbs. can burn over 500 calories per hour, whereas a person weighing 240 lbs. can burn over 750 calories per hour, according to the Mayo Clinic. Men naturally burn more calories with aerobic exercise such as Zumba because they tend to weigh more and have larger frames with a greater muscle-to-fat ratio.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/438652-caloric-burn-in-zumba-workouts/#ixzz2NTgRl3zE
  • carissadewhitt
    Options
    Zumba is a really fun workout. I've been very slowly getting back into it and wish other folks I know would join in.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I went for a hour this morning. One lady checked her body media or Fitbit "I didn't see it" anyway, it read 640 calories for her hour worked. I know that is different for everyone, but that's a good number!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that caloric burn for any activity varies per person. You might be interested in finding a heart rate monitor to use :)