I'm ready for summer. My beer belly isn't.

Options
What's going on everyone? I feel like I've written this post hundreds of times. To sum it up, I weighed 240 lbs in February 2012. I used P90X and Insanity to lose 40 lbs.

But then my progress came to a screeching halt at the start of the New Year when I took a job with the Chicago Fire Soccer Club. Between the stress of a new job and an hour+ commute, I've fallen off the wagon. I keep fluctuating between 199-205 lbs and have lost whatever endurance/strength I gained over the past year.

After another freezing Chicago winter, I'm so ready for summer. There's only one problem: my body isn't. I look in the mirror every morning and I'm disgusted with what I see. There's no doubt that I've made a lot of progress from where I started (I'm still getting compliments, even if I don't necessarily agree with them) but I'm not where I want to be.

We're getting ready to start a Front Office soccer league at work and I don't want to be the weak link. The hardest thing I've noticed is now that I'm working full time, I'm struggling to fit a workout in.

I'd prefer to work out in the mornings but it's been challenging to wake up an hour earlier than I have to. I'm mentally drained by the time I get home that I just put on some basketball shorts and go to sleep.

At the end of the day, it's time to sack up and quit making excuses. 200 lbs doesn't look good on a 5'10" frame no matter how you slice it. I remember how hard it was to lose the last 40 lbs, so I know it's going to be a challenge but I'm ready. I want to get into the best shape of my life. I'm only 22 years old but I feel like I'm 40 ... that's not a good look.

This kind of turned into me rambling so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. If anyone else is starting (or restarting) their weight loss journey, feel free to add me and maybe we can do it together.

As always, you're the best!

Replies

• trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I cut beer out too don't drink it like it's a staple anymore, and when I do have one it's top shelf -so I enjoy it more too. :laugh:
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am always restarting it seems, but I am determined this will be the last time, I am on everyday, and I need as much support as I give, anyone can add me it's great to have new friends.
  • jennyiscool13
    jennyiscool13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im a beer belly person to, it sucks :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hey man...at least your head is moving in the right direction. I'm 5' 11", i was 250+,know I seem to be vacillating around 195 consistently.
    When you have a set back don't say to hell with it, and give everything up, just resolve to be stronger tommorrow. I have a long commute too, and the best time for me to workout is around 3:30AM...Which means i use my lunch hour to take a nap, and then I nap after dinner, but it's working for me.
    I hear you about the long winters...I used to live in Detroit...
    Keep your eyes on the prize, and stay focused.