Northwest Indiana looking for friends

Options
sewcute
sewcute Posts: 31 Member
Hello!! I have been on myfitnesspal for a year, but things are finally clicking with me, and I have started losing weight. I would like to add a few more people on here. I would love to meet other people in my area to get to know, possibly bike ride with, etc.

The only thing I ask is that if you're my friend, you are genuine. What that means to me is that you aren't just commenting to comment. You are commenting because you really have something to say. I might not make a comment on everything you post, but when I do I mean it.

I am 29 years old, married, but my husband travels for work, so I am alone most of the time. I am a high school teacher (hello stress!), I have 2 cats, I enjoy sewing, cooking and watching movies.

My current work out routine is going to the gym, running, strength and the elliptical. I have some DVDs to use at home, but I just haven't used them at home. I also have a Wiifit, and some exercise games with it, but I do not use it as much as I used to. Probably because it's harder to at the new place we're living.

Thanks for reading! And I can't wait to get to know you!

Replies

• sewcute
    Options
    Bump!

Am I asking too much?
  • macyb7
    macyb7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! No you are not asking too much. Feel free to add me.
  • vgambino
    vgambino Posts: 28
    Options
    I live in Northwest Indiana too and just joined MFP as well. I live alone and love cats but can't have any (lanlord, allergies). Feel free to friend me. On here all the time and dedicated.
  • sewcute
    Options
    I figured it was too much since no one replied :p

Where in NWI?
  • potbellied73
    Options
    Hey I will be your buddy...I am in the opposite part of the state...Southeast Indiana...I promise to be real if you promise not to grade my grammer & spelling!! lol ... I just joined mfp along w/anytime fitness ... lost 3 lbs since this webiste but lost 12 total ... looking to loose over 100 lbs so I too am looking for a serious buddy to motivate when possible!!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am from central Illinois. Feel free to add me. I am on here several times a day due to being disabled. I am real when I comment.
  • sewcute
    Options
    I've added you both!
  • nedb7
    nedb7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined mfp last fall but just finally committing to use it now. Have lost about 20 lbs in last 3 months and looking to take off another 20-25. Belong to Anytime Fitness in Valpo and do a lot of road biking. Getting ready to do RAIN ride in July, which is something I've wanted to do for years. Finally have a someone to ride it with, my daughter, who rode in Little 500 this spring. I've been a workout nut for many years, so have some good insight and understanding of what should be done... just don't always practice what I preach. Trying to change that.
    So feel free to add me if you like. Good luck on your goals.
  • dragunfly
    Options
    NWI here...I live in Valparaiso... and would love to have more buddys on mfp to help keep me accountable...I would love to meet some new people from my area that are needing motivation and can help to motivate...ADD Me...I look forward to meeting you all....
  • Dagotf
    Dagotf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes Indiana....
  • nwindianawalkinggroup
    Options
    I am in the Dyer/Schererville area! Looking for female walking buddies around here!
  • kimmyrn42
    kimmyrn42 Posts: 30
    Options
    I live in Northern Indiana...I love this site! Everyone is super supportive here...feel free to add me.