Finally Starting?

ocumberland
ocumberland Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I got married July of last year and I don't know what they call marriage weight but I gained a lot of it! I went to the doctor and he told me that if I wanted to get pregnant I would need to lose weight and fast. Now, my husband and I tried and something happened which made me realize that the doctor was right, and that if I wasn't going to change my habits and my way of life I would not only not be able to have kids (which we really would love to in the future) but maybe not live much longer and it's one thing that my husband and I pray every night to god to help us become healthy but when the next day we do everything opposite of anything healthy it doesn't help. I am hoping that doing this will give a good example to my husband. I hate sweating and that's a huge problem but I have bought my exercise dvd's and I crank down the A/C and it works! I am not saying my habits are the best but they help, and I have a good friend named Sam who is helping me! If anyone has any advice, it'd be great!

-Ortal

Replies

• newwife09
    newwife09 Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is kara, and i was reading ur "finally starting" thingy on ur page. I to am recently married (September 2009 ) and were trying to have children. I went to my obgyn and she basically told me that the reason i cant get pregnant is because of my weight! it was a big wakeup call for me. I have been looking for other people who are in my age group who are also trying to loos weight. If you ever wanna friend to talk to about anything weight loss,hubbies anything. Feel free to e-mail.
    ps i hope this dose not sound stalkerish but i saw ur name is ocumberland are u from Cumberland ri?
  • Hi Kara! Congrats on being a newly wed! My name is Ortal Cumberland that's my hubbies last name, we're from Indiana! I'm not necessarily happy but relieved that someone else is going through the same thing, I felt alone. Ill friend request you and we can talk! :)
This discussion has been closed.