30 day Shred - did your cloth sizing change?

Options

Replies

• HardeesGal
    Options
    Today was my Day 16 and it really works. I am also doing 6 weeks to a 6 pack and that one is even more intense than 30 day shred.
  • MeganKarcilar
    MeganKarcilar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13, and I started wearing size 12 in jeans and now I'm wearing my old size 8's. (I might have been a 10 before, I just didn't own that size since I bought the 12's after my pregnancy, and my 8's are before I got pregnant). I can already see a huge difference and I've lost about 4 pounds so far, but my measurements haven't changed...? but maybe I'm measuring wrong.
  • gemkat13
    gemkat13 Posts: 60
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 and I feel much stronger than I did two days ago. It was rough the day after but just work they the pain if you're out of shape. You get sick of Jillian talking but I just plug in my iPod. I've heard such great comments and results now I can't wait to finish. I'm totally committed to doing this the whole 30 days and I have MFP to thank. I posted that I was starting this past Monday and if anyone wanted to join me. I got responses back saying yes so if I miss a day I not only feel like I'm letting myself down but the friends on here that are doing it with me. Good luck!!
  • katiekeene86
    katiekeene86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm only on Day 6 or so but I'm already noticing a difference in how my clothes fit. I still wear the same size jeans but they're kinda bagging in the legs/bum so I'm sure there's some difference being made. As for upper body, I've actually gone down about 4 cup sizes...which is INSANE! But appreciated, given my (overly) ample bosom. I've lost a few inches too. Pretty happy with the results so far!
  • 5hellz
    5hellz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 and I am feeling the pain! But I know I am going to work through this pain and after reading the comments below, I'm looking forward to seeing the results in 30 days. I also incorporate gym time, and walking. Like today, I walked a very fast 5 miles before the 20 minute video.

Feel free to add me and let's meet our goals together =)
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 10 to an 8, and I'm not done yet. ( l2). I am also walking and watching calories.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Wow everyone, thanks for sharing. I'm excited to try it.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm curious. I'm quite new to change my habits and have been doing cardio and (lately) some different types of situps. I just googled this 30 day shred video and it sounds interesting. Those of you who have done it, have done it as an addition to following the MFP calorie guidelines?

What happens once you git the 30 days, just go to maintenance mode if you will? Or are you expected to continue doing this workout?

I did it in addition to following the MFP guidelines, yes. Sadly it doesn't make it so you can eat a lot more - I only burned about 140 calories per session. That said, I went down a size. I will see if I can post a link to my before and after.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/919010-my-30-ds-results-sweeet-burn

I think 30 DS is wonderful for toning, but for weight loss you need a calorie deficit.
    Oh, and after I was done with 30 DS I moved on to Ripped in 30.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 1.5 pounds. At first i gained a good bit, 3 pounds. I am on level 2 day 6. While the weight seems to be stubborn, I have lost inches and tightened up. At the beginning I was squeezing into a size 8 and now my 6s fit. I seem to be down a size and my shoulders look good. I'm crossing my fingers that the post partum muffin disappears in the next 14 days.
    that's my experience as well, at first gained about 5 lbs, and then started losing slowly, dropped a pant size, and coller bones became slightly visible.but due to knee issues , i had to change some jumping jacks into easier running on spot,had to take more rest days etc, so i guess i didn't get max results. i'm eating TDEE -30%,5'2" and 171 lbs
  • BridgetBarger
    BridgetBarger Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am half way through level 2 but am taking a couple days off related to knee pain, I am doing it again tonight after work to finish the last 15 days. I have no weight loss, but I notice I am slimmer in some ares. I have noticed my back, my husband noticed my thighs and butt.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start level 2 tonight, but I have definitely noticed a difference. I have only lost one pound, but it's impossible for me to lose weight anyway, so I wasn't counting on anything. I will measure myself in a few days (after 15 days have gone by, and then after another 15) so hopefully, I'll see some results there. I hadn't measured or weighed myself for about two weeks before starting the 30DS, but I don't think there could have been much of a difference. I've been working out and eating better since the beginning of the year, so I'm sure everything is combining, not just the videos. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • teenytinybikini
    teenytinybikini Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'd lost 7lbs after the first level but I'm not doing measurements until I've completed the whole lot, I complete level 2 today so will weigh myself in the morning to see if I've lost during this level.

What I have noticed is that although my waist seems to have shrunk a bit, my bum and thighs seem bigger.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am in my third week and I put on a shirt last night that used to be tight in the arms/chest area only to find it loose! I then tried on another shirt that used to be tight and it too was loose in the arms!!!! Scale has barely budged, but I am seeing the results.
  • BridgetMiko
    BridgetMiko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got 30DS in the mail and plan on starting on Sunday. I don't have a heart-rate monitor so how do you guys log it as a work out? I was thinking calesthenics - vigorious effort. Thoughts?
  • eatingafterdark
    eatingafterdark Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, are you going to start doing the 30 Day Shred? I've done it before, and should do it again. I'm in, if you want to start!
  • AllisonWBaker
    Options
    I did it a few years ago and definitely lost inches and sizes (I think it was 2 sizes). I also was very careful with my calories and did cardio (elliptical and/or walking) at least 3 times a week on top of 30DS. Just started it again yesterday - I forgot how sore you are on the 2nd day! Hoping to lose another size or two this time.....
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I just got 30DS in the mail and plan on starting on Sunday. I don't have a heart-rate monitor so how do you guys log it as a work out? I was thinking calesthenics - vigorious effort. Thoughts?

I logged my first day as Circuit training, general. I'm interested to see how others log though!
  • skivrmt
    skivrmt Posts: 3
    Options
    I just got 30DS in the mail and plan on starting on Sunday. I don't have a heart-rate monitor so how do you guys log it as a work out? I was thinking calisthenics - vigorous effort. Thoughts?

I logged my first day as Circuit training, general. I'm interested to see how others log though!

It really doesn't matter which you add it as as both of the above are the same. Both calisthenics - vigorous effort and circuit training burns ~300 calories per 30 minutes, which is a lot. That's basically a spinning calorie burn rate which is one of the higher burn rates out there. Not sure 30DS actually burns that high.

I would use this answer:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/322448-how-many-calories-does-30-day-shred-burn/

Still a high burn rate but not as high as the above two workouts. Good luck!!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I just got 30DS in the mail and plan on starting on Sunday. I don't have a heart-rate monitor so how do you guys log it as a work out? I was thinking calisthenics - vigorous effort. Thoughts?

It really doesn't matter which you add it as as both of the above are the same. Both calisthenics - vigorous effort and circuit training burns ~300 calories per 30 minutes, which is a lot. That's basically a spinning calorie burn rate which is one of the higher burn rates out there. Not sure 30DS actually burns that high.

I would use this answer:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/322448-how-many-calories-does-30-day-shred-burn/

Still a high burn rate but not as high as the above two workouts. Good luck!!

I think MFP must adjust the exercise calories for your weight - I log 30 DS as 20 minutes of circuit training and it only shows 142 calories burned. I feel that must be pretty accurate, but when I get my fit bit for my birthday, I will let you know. :)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. It is 20 minutes not including the warm up/cool
    down so I get 142 as well. Isn't a hugh burn but honestly even after a couple days of shred my stomach is so much flatter and tighter. Would rather smaller clothes sizes than number on scales.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!