Need some help with strength training =(

Options
So, at track practice today I realized I should be doing extra strength training, especially from my hips up, to get as strong as I want and need to be. I was hoping someone would have some good exercises (in or out of the gym, although outside the gym is preferred) that could help. Full-body would be the best, and the abs can be as hard as you want if you know exercises that are super tough.

Any help would be appreciated...I want to get better and be able to do the drills, but they're really tough and I don't seem to have the strength. Thanks!

Replies

• fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I can always use ideas :smile:

The Nike training app has some really great strength circuits. I use that and JM video. I will be getting into more weights using free weights and some machines we just bought...just have to get it all set up this weekend.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You can get resistance bands and use those outside of the gym lots of exercises to choose from online too.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843&page=1

I started this beginner's lifting routine (full-body, 3 days/week) 3 weeks ago and am really enjoying it. I'm doing it at home, modified for dumbbells for now (it's designed as a barbell routine originally). I do HIIT cardio or jog, plus core work, on alternating days.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mark Laurens "You Are Your Own Gym" = Awesome book for body weight workouts. You can get it online for about $15.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There is a challenge going on that you are welcome to join. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/8297-10-week-trim-challenge. I can't believe how much stronger my upper body is in just two weeks of doing them.
  • TrainingDani
    Options
    Thank you all =) I'm going to try spending even more time at the gym nowadays, and definitely more in the weight-room...hopefully I'm manage to have some time for schoolwork!