Ripped in 30--How Soon Before Weight Loss?

Options
I just started week 2 of the Ripped in 30 program yesterday. I have been following the 1200 calories goal as well as eating back some of my lost calories. I average around 1500 calories a day. And I haven't lost a single ounce so far. I'm 5'8" and I currently weigh 155 lbs. If you did this program, when did you notice the weight loss start? Should I be doing something differently?

Replies

• anon189
    anon189 Posts: 42
    Options
    I recently started this too. I have lost one lb on it but gained it back. I have read in a lot of places though that when you work your muscles a lot they hold onto water to repair themselves, so I think that's why I am not losing/gaining back weight that I had lost. I can tell I'm already firming up a lot though and thinning out. I decided just to not weigh myself until I'm done and go by my measurements and how my clothes are fitting. Oh, and when I did lose the one pound it was after my rest day hence why I think it's just my body retaining water.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can feel my arms firming up, but besides that there are no differences in measurements or anything :(
  • BlitzClipz
    Options
    Bump :) Still looking for some more advice!!
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 suggest bulking or toning more than overall weight loss, so you may wanna keep an eye on your inches instead of the scale. JM dvd always firm me up but no overall gross weight losts is seen.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    in reading posts on the 30 day shred...which I'm sure is similar.. not too many people really lose weight..they do get smaller though.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    For 2 weeks i did the 30 day shred and I was losing inches..The I started Ripped in 30 and I seemed to hold water..and get bigger..I really dont know why....I switched back to the 30 day shred..i like it better and I am getting smaller again.

Try 30 day shred ..make sure you are eating enough protein and drinking water..that helps me
  • BlitzClipz
    Options
    At what point do people start dropping inches? I haven't lost any of those yet either :( Not for lack of trying either lol. I push myself as hard as I can throughout the workouts.
  • Cassea7
    Options
    I think 2 or 3rd week. Keep it up!!! make sure your cals are right..You will lose!!:smile::smile: ..
  • Cassea7
    Options
    also..I didnt really lose until I upped from 3lb weights to 5 lbs..What weight are you using?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm curious too cause I just started this program and was wondering if it would give me similar results to 30DS. I lost a lot of inches with 30DS, hoping to lose inches over weight with RI30
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight but at the end of week 2 I had lost about an inch and a half off my waist (then I switched to turbofire lol)
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You really need to use as heavy weights as you can handle I typically use 5kg or at 3kg if Ive had a bit of time off, the point is that the weights need to be as heavy as possible, the ones the girls use are just to provide and example of using weights. Stick with it though it does work I lost 14lbs over a few months by doing it 4-5 times a week and I only ever did the first one. So truely stick with it and UP your weights and you will see better results and faster trust me! x good luck x
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    At what point do people start dropping inches? I haven't lost any of those yet either :( Not for lack of trying either lol. I push myself as hard as I can throughout the workouts.

UP YOUR WEIGHTS!!
  • BlitzClipz
    Options
    I use 5 or 7.5 lb weights right now. I'm not sure I can handle more lol.