I feel so bad... Will I ever get back to where I was?

Options
Ok, so for the last month I have been super good, eating to my calorie limit, or slightly above. I've been keeping myself hydrated, have been exercising regularly (Tae Bo and pilates are my favorite!) and finally managed to lose a few kg (however, still haven't lost everything that I should. I used to weigh 57 before the Christmas holidays, then after, BAM! 62.2 kg and have found it more difficult to lose it since last summer's dieting).
Anyways, I was 59.4 kg last Saturday, and Sunday, I really binged. I had cookies, cake, cereal, more cake, a whole carton of soy milk... I just couldn't stop myself! I eat carbs usually, but not to that extent. The next day, I woke up and was 60.5 kg to my horror! Well, I expected to gain a bit but not 1.1 kg... Because of the increased sugar intake, I guess I binged some more on cake and cookies on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (I still counted my calories to show myself what I was doing to myself and it never went above 2000), but on Wednesday, I at least was able to exercise 2 hours straight, but even then, I still gained another 300 grams, even after the exercising! (The next morning)
I don't know what to do, I have never given up on a diet, and I managed to lose 7 kg last year (still haven't gained back all of it, thank god), but after the Christmas holidays, it feels like I am doing something wrong and feel hopeless, like I will never get back to what I was.

Could someone please explain to me what is going on?
(PS, it is not TOM soon, so that shouldn't affect anything)

Replies

• squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have you computed your calories correctly?
    Someone posted this link & I think it might be helpful in finding out your correct calorie needs.
    http://www.globalrph.com/harris-benedict-equation.htm

Don't give up.
    Steady plodding will get you there.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    1. Water weight may contribute
    2. Weight fluctuates. If you get this worked up over these fluctuations, you should probably weigh yourself less frequently.
  • LizzyAlexandra
    Options
    I will try weighing myself less frequently, I think that may help because I am quite self-concious and it is difficult for me to get over a small gain, thank you!
    Also, I calculated my calories to 1791 kcal per day, but I have been eating 1200 per day, so if I eat more, I am assuming there will be a definite period when I gain since my body isn't used to it, but will it definitely start going down once my body gets used to it?
  • squall88c
    Options
    Give this a read.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Many (including me) find it successful.
  • LizzyAlexandra
    Options
    According to the calculations, I calculated my calories to 1791 kcal per day, but I have been eating 1200 per day (pretty much starvation mode I guess), so if I eat more, I am assuming there will be a definite period when I gain since my body isn't used to it, but will it definitely start going down once my body gets used to it? And how long may this take?
  • squall88c
    Options
    According to the calculations, I calculated my calories to 1791 kcal per day, but I have been eating 1200 per day (pretty much starvation mode I guess), so if I eat more, I am assuming there will be a definite period when I gain since my body isn't used to it, but will it definitely start going down once my body gets used to it? And how long may this take?

Correct.
    I don't know how long it will take.
    Give it two to three weeks.
    Do your best and try not to eat below 1791.
    Eating at 1200 per day didn't work for you, so you give this a try.
  • LizzyAlexandra
    Options
    1791 kcal/day is my goal calorie intake according to scooby's workshop website in order to lose fat.
    TDEE-2264
    BMR- 1461

Since I'm coming out of this whole undereating, which number should I use to place manually in to MFP? I am sorry for all the questions, but I am slightly confused, I've been looking through the website and haven't found any information on which number I should first go up to... :S
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    STOP WEIGHING EVERY DAY! end of.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    STOP WEIGHING EVERY DAY! end of.
    I weigh myself every day BUT I don't worry about the day to day fluctuations. I am a data junkie. I use Libra on my phone and it has a nice trend line calculation - THAT is what I look at.

I also don't try to eat less than 1750 calories. Had a Metabolic Assessment Profile done recently which gave me more numbers and data to look at.

To each their own but remember it is the long term view that counts!
  • squall88c
    Options
    1791 kcal/day is my goal calorie intake according to scooby's workshop website in order to lose fat.
    TDEE-2264
    BMR- 1461

Since I'm coming out of this whole undereating, which number should I use to place manually in to MFP? I am sorry for all the questions, but I am slightly confused, I've been looking through the website and haven't found any information on which number I should first go up to... :S

Put 1791 on MFP and dont eat below 1461.
    Eating at 2264 will maintain your weight at the current activities you are doing.
    But as you said, you are coming from an undereating state, so expect the scale to go up first before it comes down again.
  • LizzyAlexandra
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    Locked the scales away and am trusting this new, healthier lifestyle :)
    It is already the third day after changing everything, and I feel like I have so much more energy. I used to hate having to walk into town to get groceries and go to the gym, but now I feel like I could walk it three times there and back! It's odd since I've been tired for quite a while, but better late than never.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you guys for the information and I shall continue in a healthier and happier way.
  • squall88c
    Options
    Keep us posted.

Glad to help.
  • LizzyAlexandra
    Options
    I managed to up my kcal/day to 1750, but I do admit, I think it was a large change, but I definitely feel better. I am now eating back any kcal I may have burned if I exercised in the evening. If during the day, I am eating like I usually would, with a bit extra :)
    Hopefully will be able to up my kcal by 200 next week, maybe I'll be more ready and will continue to up it, until I reach TDEE and will stay there for a bit :)

I feel good! Bloated, but good.