protien/breakfast shake ideas?

Options
Hi! I've been looking for a good breakfast substitute - like a protein drink or something that I can drink quickly or take with me in the morning. I work 7:30-4:30 and I like to sleep as much as possible, so I don't get up until a little after 6:30 in the morning, so that way I just have enough time to get up, shower, and get ready for work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can get as a morning drink or breakfast substitute?

Any suggestions would be great!

Please and thanks!!

*Becky

**sorry for the mistake - I meant to say Protein... but it won't let me correct it now... Oops. Sorry! :tongue:

Replies

• karebear32505
    karebear32505 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I suggest Weight Watchers Smooties, One smoothie mix is a milk serving, Plus if you add milk and Fruits you get more servings of fruit and milk!!! :-) They are about 100 Calories, Fat less than 2. They have fiber and Protein!! You don't have to be a member to go into a location to buy products!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I like Nectar Protein Shakes. They come in all kinds of fruity flavors (I got Crystal Sky, tastes like Fruit Punch). They don't have any carbs or sugar, so you might want to pair it with a piece of whole wheat toast, some oatmeal or something to give you some extra fuel. Only 90 cals per serving (23g protein).

And they're delicious. :)
  • LauraZazPosada
    Options
    Herbalife is fantastic!! It's cellular nutrition and their shakes are delicious!!
    It is also a great income opportunity, their marketing plan is phenomenal, or if you just want to get your own shakes at a discount you can do that too.
    Email me if you would like to know more. LauraZazPosada@hotmail.com
    -Laura
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Cherry-Cream Smoothie

INGREDIENTS

* 1/4 cup Silk Light Original
    * 1/2 cup frozen cherries

PREPARATION

Combine ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes.

Serves 1

Preparation Time: 5 minutes

You can mix and match fruit, use frozen strawberries, peaches, mango...ect!
  • ddoolittle
    ddoolittle Posts: 21
    Options
    I also don't have the time in the morning before work for a good breakfast. I usually eat 1/2 a protein bar (find ones that are low-cal, high protein) on my way to the gym to work out and then eat some Greek Yogurt when I get to my office. My favorite yogurt is Fage 0%, it has 15 g of protein and only 90 calories per 6oz cup. It's thick and delicious and easy to eat on the go too. I also suggest hard boiled eggs, just chuck the yolks for a protein packed breakfast low in calories.
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast shake is SlimFast cappucino flavored! I pour the can into my travel mug, zap it in the microwave for one minute, and viola.... breakfast on the run!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    my sister is using the gnc lean shakes!
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I take 6 oz of OJ, 8 oz of water, scoop of protein powder (vanilla flavor) and some frozen blueberries or any frozen berry really. Then I put it in a shaker, shanke it up real good, and then the frozen berries keep it cold it I want to take it somewhere, then I eat the berries afterwards.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well this is isnt a protein shake but its my favorite and low calorie. I guess you could add a scoop of whey protein to it.

1 cup water
    1 cup ice
    1 container of sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 single serving orange crystal light.

blend together...it tastes like an orange smoothie at 65 cal only.

I also try special k protein shakes that are great at 190 cal.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My favourite smoothie for breakfast or lunch (usually after a lunchtime workout) is:

100ml Apple and Raspberry juice
    1/3 Cup Frozen Blueberries
    1/2 Cup Frozen Cherries
    1 Scoop Whey Protein
    1 TBSP Low Fat Cottage Cheese
    Water - to suit your preference of thickness

It is sooooo yummy and filling with lots of protein from the whey and cottage cheese :) Comes in at about 240 cals but is a good meal replacement :)
    -x-x-
  • rebeccald08
    rebeccald08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I might have to try each and every one... they all sound good!! :wink:
  • jenuwine
    Options
    bump YUM
  • lindseyiscool
    Options
    carnation instant breakfast is what we have. theyre quick and easy. and sometimes i blend them with some ice to make it more like a shake or add a banana and blend is yum too. otherwise you just mix with milk stir and drink
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i drink oh yeah! ready to drink protein shakes.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My every morning breakfast!

Atkins Advantage - Dark Chocolate Royale, 11 ounces
    160 calories
    6 g carbs
    10 g fat
    1 g sugar
    300 mg sodium
    4 g fiber
    15 g protein
    25% Vit. A
    20% Vit. C
    50% Calcium
    40% Iron
  • mhelen42
    Options
    I prefer Advocare Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla Meal Replacement Shake.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The best tasting shakes out there are by BSN, hands down. I drink BSN Syntha -6. It has 200 calories per scoop. It comes in chocolate, chocolate/peanut butter, caramel latte....
    Vitamin Shoppe carries it.
  • cozyann888
    Options
    Well mine is not a protien shake but It is so delicous and good for you. Have you ever bought the ensure drinks? They are like a meal replacement. I take a dark chocolate one and blend it with ice and put it in my to go cup.. It is soo good really and it keeps me full for 5 hours until I eat lunch. I really look forward to that shake in the mornings. It has 250 calories and lots of vitamins.. 10 grams of protein.

All the flavors are good actually, I used to like slimfast but it taste like crap now compared to the ensure. I also get a good serving of water with all the ice I blend with it.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I also drink Syntha 6 protein shakes
    They guy at GNC told me that this is a GREAT meal replacement shake.

My husband told him that he uses it for a post workout while I use it for a meal replacement and they guy said I'm using better as a meal replacement. (My husband is looking for a shake that is more for post workout)

It has 200 cals if you had 4oz of 1% milk it's 255cals
    with 8oz it jumps up to 300 something cals.

I add milk when it's a meal replacement - chocolate peanut butter tastes like a reese's cup! LOL

I mix it with water when I need some more cals or for a snack.
  • trixygirl
    Options
    I drink Shakeology every day. Sometimes breakfast, sometimes lunch, sometimes dinner. They are a great nuttritional value, not just a sugar spike like a lot of shakes out there. You can check them out here. www.myshakeology.com/trixygirl