If every day were like today...You'd weigh XXX.X lbs in 5 w

Options
Just curious when you complete your diary for the day and get this wonderful little message:

"If every day were like today...You'd weigh XXX.X lbs in 5 weeks"

Has anyone every paid attention to see if they really were that weight in 5 weeks? I thought I might keep track, but I know with exercise and weight gain/loss it changes every day. I was just wondering if it is realistic.

Sometimes I hit that button waaaaay before I am done eating for the day just so I can see a low #. Yeah, I am a dork. :tongue:

Replies

• cviertha
    cviertha Posts: 32
    Options
    I notice that everyday and it's kind of fun to think about! I have only been on for 10 days so we'll see what happens. I'd be happy with my 2 pounds a week. It is motivating to see the possibilities by looking at that tho! :smile:
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5 weeks for me seem more like 5 months. My scale doesn't move like that.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It has been Totally unrealistic for me. It is good for a laugh!
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I record these every day in the notes section of my food diary, and I've gone back to look a couple of times. So far I'm ahead of schedule, according to that message. :)
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have only been here 2 weeks, so we will see. But if you eat too little they say you will go into starvation mode and not lose, so who knows. I am going to just keep on trying and we will see. I have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks, which is crazy, I will probably not lose that much again for a while.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes! You do eventually get there in 5 weeks... the hardest part is waiting around the whole 5 weeks, and trying to be at the same level the whole time. I always found it to be a great motivator.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes! You do eventually get there in 5 weeks... the hardest part is waiting around the whole 5 weeks, and trying to be at the same level the whole time. I always found it to be a great motivator.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    For me it has been close - but the big part is, "if every day were like today." That RARELY happens. I am about where I was projected when I started, and I am about 6 weeks in. It's great motivation, but I can't expect to get the results projected after a day I did great when there are so many days I did OK.
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've been following/tracking that, I find that it is close, but i am usually not quite as good as the estimate, but it is only a pound or two less than i've actually ended up weighing. I absolutely LOVE seeing that 5 week number everyday when I finish logging--helps keep me motivated! :laugh:
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    It was pretty close for me. BUT...what I like most about this is if you have a bad day and you're honest about it, it will show how much you'll GAIN if you keep it up. Great motivation for getting back on track. Log every day, even if you know you're over.
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    It is fun (or really SCARY on bad days) to look at and I believe it to be pretty accurate. I just wish it would do the prediction based on the last weeks average instead of that one snapshot in time. In fact, I wish the reporting section listed an average for whatever time period your looking at.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I thought is was so cool at first but it has not been realistic for me. I am a weight loss science project. My weight loss just has it own schedule. I will say that it is encouraging to see that your efforts will have rewards eventually!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    WOW, I just noticed that you have lost 77 pounds......AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I record these every day in the notes section of my food diary, and I've gone back to look a couple of times. So far I'm ahead of schedule, according to that message. :)

I never thought of doing this, good idea :smile:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options

Hey! 49 pounds gone is nothing to sneeze at! :smile: The last couple days I overate my daily goal it it told me I'd GAIN XX in 5 weeks if every day were like this one! Holy crap! :noway: What a wake-up! Not that I didn't know I was screwing up already......:blushing:
  • beachcrazy
    beachcrazy Posts: 12
    Options
    lol! to eat the same way for 5 weeks would absolutely kill me! this is one widget that the programmers of this site can get rid of.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree, great idea on the food diary thing! Im going to try to remember to do that tomorrow and track it. Since I'm only 3 days into it I haven't missed much! I think it's amazing to see everyone's trackers and notice their weight loss, it's very encouraging for me. I need all I can get!
    Have a good one mfp peeps!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options

Thank you! I lost most of it last year and just picked up again in April. I've lost 27 since then.:) I just found this site in May though. So glad I did. I think I might track it in my "notes" just to see too. Great idea! :bigsmile:
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ya for the most part it happened for me. Now its like 120 in five weeks which would be an underweight bmi for me (I'm 5'9) which would be fine but I don't think ill get there
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I do the same. Copy and paste that message into my edit notes section of the food diary and then check again later and it actually has worked and has been on schedule. I love it!