One year today, 65 pounds down (pics!)

Options

Replies

• afmom2013
    afmom2013 Posts: 13
    Options
    Way to go! Your story is so inspiring. Keep up the good work!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful,before and after!congrats on your successes thus far and good luck in the months to come!
  • EasterKingston
    EasterKingston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself, great job!
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Doing great keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Whiskeygirl12
    Options
    I love your story. It is so true and so honest. Thanks for sharing your story and being an inspiration!!!!!
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work, it has certainly paid off, you look fantastic! :)
  • cdvdsn
    cdvdsn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, be proud of yourself. You certainly have the right attitude - forgive yourself for mistakes and keep your goals a priority. What a great inspiration!
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are strong and beautiful. What a wonderful testimonial to the power that lies within! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! You have done what many people are too weak to do. Happy for you and wishing you the best as you reach more and more of your fitness and health goals!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I loved the honesty in your story! Thanks for sharing & you should be so proud of yourself! You look so happy! :smile:
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your honesty! I feel the same about exercise. I know that I will probably never "love" it, but I do it because I don't only want to be "unfat" but I want to be healthy and lean. You look so happy and I wish you luck on the rest of your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    I am extremely impressed with your success! You have made it so far and I am very proud of you! Your face has shrunk a tremendous amount, you should definately be proud of how far you have come! :)
  • orderstocker
    Options
    wondderful! thanks for sharing it WAS HELPFUL TO READ YOUR STORY~
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! That smile on your face and your eyes are lit up too, says it all. Keep it up, for your progress is inspiring!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! I know it's tough, but mfp has MANY supporters!! We are all on this road together!! I am currently trying to conceive as well and just that alone can stress you out! I gained 8 pounds TTC and trying to work that off plus more weight! Just remember we all have bad days and good days! Take it one day at a time and you will get there!! Good job on all you accomplished so far!!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You have done fantastic! We started about the same place I was 260 at 5' 71/2" I currently am at 198. I hve a long way to go as well. Friend me if you'd like :)
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
    What was your starting size?
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My starting size was 24 or 26.
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't spend all of this time period on MFP, but MFP was an integral part of breaking a plateau after 30 pounds down. My life before March 13th, 2012 was a sad one. I hurt constantly, I couldn't breathe, I smoked, and I was miserable. When I went to my doctor March 12th, 2012, it was with the intentions of talking to her about fertility medication. I hadn't been able to conceive for the past three years. She told me that I had to lose 30-50 pounds before she would even consider it. The next day, I started making life changes.

Start weight: 269lbs
    Size: 24, close to a 26

I hated making these changes. It was hard! I withdrew from sugar. I was irritated and always hungry. I hated vegetables (still do for the most part!). I loved to cook though. I started by looking up recipes for different vegetables. I didn't like every single thing I cooked, but I tried it all. I stopped frying everything, and ate less fast food. While I wasn't really exercising, I maintained (mostly) a 1200 calorie diet. These pictures were from Easter time, last year.

51c4b5eb-903f-429a-981b-d34cb4e5dbf8.jpg
    5fd4098d-fc4c-41b6-ae16-a71e4c941d04.jpg
    facepicfat.jpg

In July or August, I was interested in starting exercise. I tried Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and I didn't like it at all. It was hard to be excited about. I know many people have success with this, but it wasn't for me. I decided to join the YMCA instead after 3 successful months of exercising 4-5 days a week by playing tennis in a nearby park. Honestly, I didn't (and still don't) go to the gym regularly, but I enjoy going in 2 times a week or so for strength training. Once I incorporated exercise, I started eating 1400 calories a day and not eating my exercise calories back unless I was hungry.

I'm not going to lie, it's been a rough road. Undoing a lifetime of bad has been difficult. But I've learned A LOT along the way. I've learned (some) self-control. I've learned how to be accountable. Calorie counting has even taught me how to budget my own money. It's a simple system of in and out. Even with Hypothyroidism AND pcos I've been able to be successful. I've learned patience too. I've spent many months losing 8-10 pounds, and many more losing nothing. But regardless of my ups and downs, I'm definitely smaller and happier too.

One of the hardest things to realize has been that the journey is going to take forever. I'm going to spend days hating myself and feeling disappointed. I never realized how big I was until I lost 65 pounds and I'm still big. But it is a journey, and it comes in waves.

Now I'm trying to change my goals away from pounds and onto exercise and diet. I've been trying to get into "one-derland" for about 6 weeks, and I can't seem to dip below 203, probably because I've increased my calories and started jogging 4-5 days a week to train for a 5k in April.

Some of my notable non-scale victories include:
    - quitting smoking (and still losing weight)
    - climbing up stairs without noticing
    - having a much more efficient heart (though admittedly I was upset at first because I was burning less calories due to the efficiency)
    - wearing my husband's (medium) jacket
    - being on top... you know...
    - jogging for 5 minutes straight
    - no "borderline" blood pressure concerns
    - a clean bill of health from the doctor, and regular cycles (so I can get pregnant when I'm ready now, naturally)
    - playing outside with my dogs, even running with them
    - better tips at work (seriously, the more attractive you are, the better people tip you!)

The negatives to weight loss is:
    - clothes don't fit!
    - learning your body can be weird
    - you feel silly turning sideways for walk ways you can walk through straight
    - people want to ask you how you did it
    - you feel awkward around people who are still really big (my 300+lb roommate, for example)

Anyway, my current size is roughly a 16 (14-18, depending on designer). These pictures were taken a few minutes ago, and it's 1:30am here, so forgive my tired face and no make-up!

e1c6cd12-d7c4-4d2b-85b5-90c7bf8e01aa.jpg
    cbd88380-d090-43bc-a04c-ac925221a1b5.jpg
    c07ec88f-1f22-4c5e-bde6-4d92803b1bb7.jpg
    dd0b6e83-4041-4a47-952c-209c43687f74.jpg

Amazing! You look awesome !
  • SeoulKim05
    SeoulKim05 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    YAY! for you :-))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!