Do you take your measurements?

Options
I wonder should I start doing this? I'm only at the end of my first week. Weigh in tomorrow morning. I don't know what to expect. Wish me luck!

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    definitely recommend it! just be sure you know where you are measuring, as if you measure your leg in one place one week and a 1/2" in either direction the next (or semi weekly to monthly I would say on measurements) your counts will be way off. But it will be a nice support / mental backup when you plateau or gain weight because of muscle weight.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good luck and please stay!! :flowerforyou:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd taken mine when I started. I missed the whole first month. I only measure once a month but it really helps when the weight loss slows to see other positive results.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would take them now. But since it doesn't sound like the numbers are that important to you, I wouldn't measure every week or anything. But you never know when those numbers might be important to you so if you don't have them at the start there is no way to get them.

I took mine about a week after I started and haven't taken them again. I figure if at some point I don't see the weight coming off, or I need some encouragement, or at least when I meet my goal weight I can take them again. :)
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I do! But maybe every two months. I was not really losing but I took my measurements and I was 2 inches down...wahoo! I recommend it.
  • seczneyd
    seczneyd Posts: 25
    Options
    If you can, do. I really wish now that I had done my measurements. I like to see the weight coming off, but I also think it would be nice to see the physical size difference, too.
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    I do. Just the ones that they recommend here. Especially if you don't lose weight that week, you may lose inches. It's just another way of your body telling you how you are doing.

Good luck with the weigh in.

:drinker:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would recommend it.....I took my measurement today, because I havent lost any weight in a couple weeks and I wanted to use another way of checking my accomplishments

Goodluck
  • caseybreunig
    caseybreunig Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yep. I check in on the first of the month. It's great to see progress, especially when maybe you don't lose pounds. I do upper arm, waist, hips/butt and thigh.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I do measurements about once a month, and it if wasn't for that, I would be so discouraged at times. I've lost 11 lbs since November 2009, but I've lost 15 1/2 inches overall since then.
  • abbygb
    abbygb Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. I will be measuring myself tomorrow for sure.