Ki Fit/Body media calorie burn.

Options
I bought a Ki Fit a few weeks back and im shocked by how many calories I allegedly burn in a day. I havent done any exercise whilst wearing the band but my average daily burn is around 2800 and 3400 when I am in work. I contacted Ki Fit and they had a look at my data and said it was normal and it looks like I do not sit down during the day..

I have 2 young children and work 10 hour shifts so am always busy but surely that is too high especially without any exercise.

Anyone else experinced this? Are they that accurate?

Replies

• hollie5by5
    hollie5by5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I found my burn was higher than I expected. Have you looked at the Kifit diet programme. You get one to one advice.
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I brought one of these recently also and have been wearing it for a nearly a week and was also surprised with the calorieburn figures. I on average burn around 2500-2800 a day and cannot get use to eating more after religiously meeting the mfp 1200 cals daily target.

Seems our lifestyles are similar as I have 3 child (20 month twins) so from 5am when my day starts to 7pm when they are in bed there is very little sitting. Would bee keen to know if you meet goals as set up. It seems a very clever piece of equipment but also I am shocked by the calorie number. ????
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I'm not losing weight. The Ki s isn't ist told me to eat 1600 and gradually changed my deficit from500 to 750 to 100, but still no loss.
  • hollie5by5
    hollie5by5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have upped my calories and gained 0.5lbs last week. I've been told that is normal for the first few weeks. Will keep you updated x
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Have you bought into the Kifit diet plan. You then get individual weekly advice from one of their scientists.
  • NCMeg
    NCMeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've got the bodymedia Link, and I was really surprised at how much I burn. It's a lot more than I thought it would be. I just stick with a 1,000 calorie deficit based on what my link says, not what MFP says I need to eat in a day.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I have upped my calories and gained 0.5lbs last week. I've been told that is normal for the first few weeks. Will keep you updated x

Curious how it's been going with the increased intake per the Ki Fit?