just started a VLC protocol - anybody doing same?

Options
[Edited to delete original. Evidently this is not a desirable topic, even under strict medical supervision. Administrators, feel free to delete whole thread.]

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    unless you are under doctor supervision, this is not a good idea. in fact, this site specifically has rules against promoting VLCD for that reason. if you're doing it on your own, don't. if you're doing it under doctor supervision, you should include that information in your OP.
  • mimapr
    mimapr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    edited to add. thanks.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you'll have to be extremely careful with the language you use here regarding VLCDs. Are you a pre-bariatric surgical patient?

If so, try going to Groups (above in the blue tool bar) and type "Weight Loss Surgery" or whatever into the search box. You can join a Group and be able to discuss this freely there.
  • mimapr
    Options
    Okay, I get it, I'm out, gone.
  • Dibbsa
    Dibbsa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My experience of VLCs is that the weight doesn't stay off and it's expensive. You can't live a "normal" life, your hair falls out and it doesn't teach you a healthy lifestyle. Can I also add that from your profile picture you don't look like you really need to be following a VLCD. I've lost 22lbs in 10 weeks doing MFP 1200 cals (averaging 1300). I feel great, am losing weight, eating healthily, eating out and not just salads, but pizzas, steaks etc.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Okay, I get it, I'm out, gone.

what cmriverside means is that much of the discourse on this site happens in specialized groups outside of these few public forums. she wasn't telling you to leave, she was just letting you know that there may already be a group dedicated exactly to your situation. the groups are still part of MFP.
  • mimapr
    Options
    I only need to lose twenty pounds. Have been eating healthy and performing moderate exercise for a couple of years now, with little results. No, I'm not a bariatric surgery patient. The VLC protocol I'm following is not extreme (allows 1100 calories per day, uses supplements, and is doctor-supervised) nor is it intended as a long-term strategy. The protocol includes a plan for transitioning back into a "normal" diet and I assure you I'll raise a flag if my hair falls off or anything else. Hopefully this will put your concerns to rest.