Hey all!

Options
Hi! My name is Adam, I've been dieting for a month, and I have lost 15lbs, I joined a gym, and I have lots of support to keep me positive with my weight loss.
But now... I am beginning to struggle a lot with temptation! its usually between meals, I try to eat 3 times a day, and keep my calorie level at around 1500, but the worst time is on an evening, when the kids have gone to bed, and I am watching TV.
My body is used to consuming a large amount of food to feel full, because I am a large bloke, It has always been a bad routine of mine, I have so many attempts at losing weight and all have faded after a few weeks, but now I am focused.
Currently I am trying to have the same frame of mind i had when I quit smoking, which works 9 times out of 10, I am so dedicated to losing weight. and I am so proud of myself with my current progress, I just don't want to fail due to silly temptation, something that takes my will power and plays with it, I'm fighting it daily and mostly I win, but the days I lose, I feel so down.
So please can anyone help me with hints or tips, I am looking for as much support as possible, and even if you would like add me as a friend I would happily welcome your friendship, Thank you for your time :)

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I try to eat every two to three hours to keep my metabolism up. I will have breakfast, lunch and dinner but I also try to have a snack at 11am, 4pm and after my tea. I just find these give me the boost to get to my next meal :). I would recommend fresh fruit (such as apples, pears and bananas), dried fruit (make sure it is unsweetened though - unsulphured/organic apricots and pitted dates are the best), cereal bars, nuts (14 almonds is 98 calories) and fat free yogurts (I like Muller Lights and Activia Snackpots).

Hope this helps. If you want to check out my diary for ideas, add me or visit my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com.

Ax
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I seem to be hungry all the time!!! Not sure if it is boredom or what but... I have to distract myself with anything to keep from snacking. I do plan 2 snacks and meals to fit into my food amount. I end up taking a bath, getting into bed early and reading or watching TV vs sitting in a room that is close to kitchen. I also drink a lot of raspberry hot tea. Just having to make the tea, let it cool a bit and drink help get my mind off food as much. Then there is "the scale"!! I weigh myself every morning and if I find my self stuffing things in my mouth, I just think of how sad, mad and depressed I will be in the morning - this usually works.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    like the first reply said have some snacks it will def help you make it to the next meal and drink lots of water sometimes when i think that am "hungry" it's usually that am just thristy, good luck with your journey and congrats on good you have done so far
  • wordgirl1962
    Options
    I just joined this site yesterday but have been dieting myself since Jan 1 2013 and have lost 27.5 before joining here....It does get tough ...try to eat your three meals and add healthy snacks so you dont get hungry and remember drink lots of water!!!
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    go to the gym of an evening, and lift weights, you wont put on muscle, please believe me. but you will burn off a lot of calories, and distract your mind from food. keep up the good work.