weight watchers

Options
:love: Any one doing weight wathcers here?

Replies

• TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    I did WW online from last April through this past February, then I found this place and switched over. I love this place just as much as WW, but this site is FREE, which works better for me.

Nice to meet ya!

Teri
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers years ago, and it actually worked for me at the time. However, when I was going to my first personal trainer, he told me that weight watchers doesn't allow you enough calories in one day, which can be just as bad as overeating. I was always hungry (and watching the clock for my next meal or snack) when I was on Weight Watchers online.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I have been a WW for years and am life time now. I do not count points now but use MFP. With WW I think I was eating too little. Tried to so both for awhile but it was too much work. I prefer MFP.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm always incorporating what I learned from weight watchers when I try to live healthier. I told my friend about this website and said the same thing. With the calorie counter it is kinda like weight watchers but free and the people on here are way nicer than any ww meeting I have ever been too. My last ww leader would look at you if you hadn't lost anything for the week and say well what went wrong, way to make someone feel encouraged.
  • mocorbin
    mocorbin Posts: 24
    Options
    I am a lifetime WW and when I joined this site I was trying to do both but it was too much trouble. I still go to meetings a few times a month just to keep me on track. I, too, was always hungry on WW but I did learn how to eat healthy.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I've been a WW member since about 6 years ago. I'm still on the points system, and am a lifetime member, but I set my goal weight too high in the past, so I've been trying to lose even more weight on top of it.
  • mrsako
    mrsako Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

I did WW for about 6 months and lost 14lbs, but its back now. was going to re-join but going to give this whirl first.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I am doing WW now and it really works for me, this time I have stayed longer than any other time I been on the program. The only thing this will be my last month because I am now hooked on MFP. Honestly if WW was free like MFP I personally would stay on WW I am just trying to save money and get my gym membership back is why I am leaving but the meeting and my leader were great. I think on here and WW I had to learn to make sure I was eating my calories and points for working out and that made a world of difference once I started doing that the weight was coming off. So even though I didn't hit my goal and make it to life time at WW this time has been different for me and I don't see myself turning back anymore where as before I wasn't focused as I am now.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing Weight Watchers right now. It's been the only food program I've followed where I've been able to balance my food and exercising. In the past I could control my weight with one or the other. When I mixed both, I gained. WW has helped me.

I'm tracking calories as well as points. It like to see the translation. I'm usually very close to the amount that MFP recommended for me to lose weight. After the first two months I was not hungry all the time. Right now I have a discounted fee because of my medical insurance. I have about 30 weeks left of the discounted fee and then I'm going to try it on my own.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am doing WW, with meetings, ow and have been since February. I have had a lot of time losig weight since doing a low carb diet previously (medifast). WW meetings and weighing in weekly there keeps me accountable. I just started tracking in MFP and looks like I am right on point with my daily calories and in my pts too!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I'm still a member as well, but I don't go to the meetings anymore because it's just too expensive. I have my mom for support, and I've been pretty successful with just counting points and handling things on my own. I tried just counting calories for a while, instead of points, and I actually ended up gaining weight....but I'm pretty sure it was because I was eating much unhealthier when counting calories compared to counting points.
  • queenizzy143
    Options
    Thank-you all for responding to this post! It is very motivating that a few of u are doing both. Rest assure that I shall join WW once I find a meeting that fits into my schedule. Isabella
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both, as well. Online member WW although I did spend quite a few years going to meetings. I liked the meetings but didn't like that I had to get up at an ungodly hour sometimes to get a weigh-in before doing my Saturday job.

My points generally correspond to MFP's calories. Sometimes MFP shows more. I've lost around 50 pounds on WW, so far. :-)