NSV - No "Fat Girl Squat"

Options
I'm 10 weeks into personal training and at the advice of my personal trainer, I haven't weighed myself - which has been so hard! Normally after getting my freshly laundered pants out and ironed for work, I put them on and ever so attractively do what I call the "fat girl squat" to stretch them out a little bit. Well all throughout this week, I haven't had to do my squat once - WOOOHOOOO!!!! Something's working!

Replies

• laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! "fat girl squat" - I love it!

Congrats!
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oh my Goodness, this just made me almost spit out my coffee from laughing so hard! Congrats on your NSV!!
  • doritosgirl
    doritosgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL at Fat Girl Squat. I can totally relate to that. Good for you for the small victory.. Small steps lead to a big change..
    I am curious what the 613 stands for in your screen name.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    hahaha - its funny I never used to do this but I have been doing heavy deads/squats for almost 2 years now and even when I was fat I had really skinny legs

so it was actually a NSV for me when I had to start doing that squat when i put my pants on cause my quads were finally getting bigger :P - congrats though, and good for you not looking at the scale - I am compulsive with it I swear, its not good
  • lnsy613
    lnsy613 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am curious what the 613 stands for in your screen name.

6/13 - Birthday... Not very original and my hubby was slightly offended that I didn't use our anniversary.... In fact, I think it may have been my junior high screen name back when AIM was cool.
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    haha thats awesome! I used to have to do fat girl lunges as well!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    OMG! I LOVE THIS! "Fat girl sqaut" is the perfect title for that!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Yes love not having to do that anymore!! Especially after your clothes are fresh out of the dryer! Best feeling evah!!!
  • noscrubbs78
    Options
    that's awesome!! I was able to pull off my "fat girl jeans" without unbottoning them it was like winning the lotto for me :) !! Keep up the good work.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you.
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    OMG - I do the same "squat" in my newly laundered jeans! Love the name!!! Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My husband laughs when i put on my jeans...
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOLOL! I'm very familiar with the "fat girl squat"! Haven't had to do that for months and it feels SO good! I can also dry all of my jeans in the drier and not be worried about them "shrinking".
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    Sorry for the dumb question, but what does NSV stand for?
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    "Fat Girl Squat" LMAO!! Best thing I've heard today! I'll remember that next time I have to do it! Congrats on your NSV!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the dumb question, but what does NSV stand for?

Non Scale Victory
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    LMAOOOOO Fat Girl Squat!!! I love it!!! I hear ya!!! Awesome NSV!!!! Keep at it!!!!
  • cindylew214
    cindylew214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Fat Girl Squat"!!! LOL!!! :laugh:
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That awesome!! I know it feels good. I also don't have to to do the squat and bounce anymore, but I do still have to "shimmy". Darn pear shape and big hips!!
  • TXPIP
    TXPIP Posts: 10
    Options
    A "Fat girl squat" is nothing compared to my "Sweating WITH the Oldies" (being me) trying to get into my Spanx! One day when my hubby was doing laundry and my Spanx came out of the washing machine, he said, "There's no way you can get "all that" into these little things". No, I didn't slap him, but the next time I put them on I demonstrated with all the bending, tugging, pushing fat in, etc. until I had worked up a good sweat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!