In Progress Pics

Options
brownwe
brownwe Posts: 7 Member
Well I made my life changing decision to lose weight and eat well on July 17th, 2012. While on vacation I waited 2 hours to ride a roller coaster only to be removed due to the fact that I could not fit in the seat comfortably and the safety harness would not lock. I eventually got to ride the roller coaster once they found a more "spacious" seat, but this was well after my family had already ridden and they ended up waiting. This was the most embarrassing weight related situation that I had ever been in, and I vowed that I would never allow myself to be in that situation again. For the remainder of the trip I was self-conscious and whenever we approached a new ride I would ensure that I could fit into the seat and that the harness would close correctly. That was my wake up call. My weight loss has been slow, but continuous. I am preparing for a 5k (color me rad) run on April 20th and I'm excited and to participate. I'm doing the couch to 5k program and hopefully I'll be able to run the entire course.

The pictures below depict where I've come from and where I am. It's hard to believe looking at the pictures that I allowed myself to weigh as much as I did. I'm pretty short 5'1, so every pound counts. I've lost 38lbs total with at least 50 more to go.

f0cbc95d-7a75-4a96-a4dc-643d68398ad2_zps39969286.jpg

5f7f21a2-b52d-4ca3-ab0c-9debdf41c84b_zps17a7e1e0.jpg

e2b25fb1-56e3-4799-9fd5-d59197eec4dd_zpsc4457a3e.jpg

Replies

• peanutswife
    peanutswife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can see your hard work. You are looking great. Keep at it.
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look great :smile:
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins this race!! Keep up the hard work.

You look wonderful, and I bet you feel even better.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    This is awesome - one of the best posts I've seen. Be proud. Enjoy the 5K - it's not really long but it feels great to finish!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    looking great! :-)
  • brownwe
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's always motivating to see progress made and to know that others see how hard you've been working as well.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful
  • aneciarobinson
    aneciarobinson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You've made great progress!! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • brownwe
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You've always been a really pretty lady with a beautiful smile but now your smile just radiates happiness! You've done amazing and should be proud. Keep up the good work!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK! SO SORRY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH THAT EMBARRASING SITUATION, BUT IM GLAD IT WAS A WAKE UP CALL! WE ALL HAVE THOSE MOMENTS WHERE WE JUST GET FED UP WITH BEING FED UP, AND STOP WISHING AND START DOING!!! GREAT WORK! YOU LOOK GREAT!
  • sabrinaver
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Aww honey...Congrats for making the switch to a healthier lifestyle I am sure you feel great... Your pictures are amazing and I can see the confidence in your comparison...Good luck to your continued success..
  • pl37
    pl37 Posts: 2
    Options
    You are looking great!! Keep up all the hard work
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Keep it up!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are looking GREAT!
  • arubiano
    arubiano Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work. It is paying off in spades.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You look great and it seems like in your progress pics you seem much more content and at ease with yourself. It's really nice to see that. You should be really thrilled with all you've done.
  • brownwe
    Options
    Aww honey...Congrats for making the switch to a healthier lifestyle I am sure you feel great... Your pictures are amazing and I can see the confidence in your comparison...Good luck to your continued success..

Thanks thats true. I didnt realize how uncomfortable I looked in the before pictures.
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Amazing transition. Those little catalysts in life can really help!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!