Choco, Oatmeal, PB, Protein No-Bake Cookie

Options
mom2mykiddos
mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
I went searching for a granola/protein bar recipe and found a chocolate no-bake cookie recipe with added protein.

I changed some things in the recipe to make them higher protein. They taste about as good as a protein bar, imho, and I'm hoping they are way less expensive the store-bought ones. I haven't figured out the cost of making them yet, so can't say for sure. :wink:

Cocoa, Oatmeal, PB, Protein Cookies

2 TB brown sugar
1/3 C. 1% milk
3/4 C. water
1 1/2 tsp. butter
3 TB unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp. sea salt
Stevia to taste ( I add stevia until the mixture tastes delightfully sweet)
Combine above ingredients in a medium saucepan, boil 1 min, stirring constantly.

Remove pan from heat and add (stirring well after each ingredient):
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
4 scoops chocolate protein powder
(I used From the Makers of Muscle Milk, 100% whey protein, 140 calories and 27 g of protein per scoop)
1/4 C. Adam's natural peanut putter, crunchy
2 TB flax seed meal (whole ground)
2 C. quick cooking oatmeal

Form dough into 16 small cookies or bars. Cool on waxed paper. Store in airtight container in fridge.

I used spark peoples recipe calculator and the nutritional info according to them is....

Nutritional info per serving/one cookie
Calories: 114.3
Total Fat: 4.1 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 107 mg
Potassium: 86.6 mg
Total Carbs: 11.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
Sugar: 3.2 g
Protein: 9.3 g

Questions....I wonder if I could leave out the butter and brown sugar and still have them set up ok, I tried to cut them down as much as possible and the cookies still turned out fine, so maybe?

Any ideas on what I can add to increase fiber content? Thanksheart:

I'm looking forward to experimenting more with this recipe, it seems so versitile!

Replies

• onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    Bump!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    holy cow!!!!! BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!! THANK YOU! :smooched:
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Question: What is Stevia?
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Stupid Question: What is BUMP??
  • Dancey30
    Dancey30 Posts: 8
    Options

I so have been asking the same thing.
  • ndhanpat1114
    ndhanpat1114 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am going to try to make them too.. Thanks for the idea,,,, !!!!!!
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I so have been asking the same thing.

Bump just keeps the post up top AND it will allow you to find the post again should you want to try the recipe or see what other's say!
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    those sound awesome! I'm copying this recipe for sure. You could try something like smart balance in place of the butter and if you were ok with artificial sweeteners, I know there's a substitute for brown sugar. Personally, I wouldn't do it, a little real brown sugar never hurt anyone! And I don't see why you couldn't add more flax meal to bump up the fiber some.

PS - bump is just something people type in order to keep the topic current.
  • MzPaz
    MzPaz Posts: 6
    Options
    I'd like to know what "BUMP" means, too! Been seeing it a lot and feel really dumb for not knowing what it means. I must be getting old.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds great-thank you!
  • trachnurse
    trachnurse Posts: 51
    Options
    These sound very nice! Stevia is not available here, so I wonder if something like sucralose would work? Is stevia a powder or liquid?
  • mom2mykiddos
    Options
    Question: What is Stevia?

Stevia is a natural sweetener with 0 calories, 0 carbs and 0 glycemic index.
  • mom2mykiddos
    Options
    These sound very nice! Stevia is not available here, so I wonder if something like sucralose would work? Is stevia a powder or liquid?

I think it would work. Stevia comes in both powder and liquid form. I used powder in this recipe.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    super Bump!!!!
  • mom2mykiddos
    Options
    those sound awesome! I'm copying this recipe for sure. You could try something like smart balance in place of the butter and if you were ok with artificial sweeteners, I know there's a substitute for brown sugar. Personally, I wouldn't do it, a little real brown sugar never hurt anyone! And I don't see why you couldn't add more flax meal to bump up the fiber some.

PS - bump is just something people type in order to keep the topic current.

Thanks! :flowerforyou: Actually, I think the original recipe uses a brown sugar substitute and I changed things to use what I have on hand! :-)
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    Oh my god does that sound amazing, Yum :D
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    bump to try
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    just wrote down the recipe and thought of a few things:

1 - I think I may try the unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of 1% milk

2 - I know you mentioned that you add stevia to taste, but out of curiosity, roughly how much stevia are you adding?

3 - how long do they last in the fridge?
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    bump