DATING OVER WORKING OUT

Replies

• lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    I'm a single mom .. up at 4:30 to get ready for work , 4 kids up at 5:30 and while they get ready for school , I cook breakfast .. and I'm talking breakfast, eggs & bacon, pancakes, waffles yummy stuff. Clean up , kiss things 1 thru 3 on the top of their heads while they skip to the bus stop, take darling thing 4 to daycare where she jumps on a bus to 1st grade about 3 hours later and I start my commute to work .

Home about 6:30 and when I'm not going straight to job#2, I am going to the gym. Or hitting the pavement for a run. Taking care of homework , laundry and cleaning up after dinner ( thing 1 is 16 and makes dinner for herself and her siblings, they eat before I get home ) driving kids to sports or ccd ... not is that exact order all the time but the point is ...

I make time for a workout at least 4 days a week , so can you :) Be creative , you will find what works for you , doesn't always have to be the same every day , tweak it as you go but just do it
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    I wake up at 4:30 am and do my workout, get showered, breakfast for everyone, get my kid ready for school, drop my kid off at school, go to work, come home and cook supper, get kid ready for bed, get self ready for bed, wake up, repeat.

But.. I'm a superhero soooooo.... good luck to you.

(if you really want to work out .. you will find time)

Wow...sounds like my daily schedule! Where there's a will...there's time! You'll find it!
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    I wake up at 4:30 am and do my workout, get showered, breakfast for everyone, get my kid ready for school, drop my kid off at school, go to work, come home and cook supper, get kid ready for bed, get self ready for bed, wake up, repeat.

We are sister superheros.

This!!! However I am a single mom who jumps out of bed every morning at
    5:30AM before my mind realizes what I am doing :) I seem to have no energy after
    putting my son to bed and would rather spend the time with him at night vs working out!
    By doing the early morning workout you can go through the day satisfied knowing you are
    finished and if you do get something else in during the day it's a BONUS!!!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    36165334.jpg

My thoughts exactly
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    The change? Like "the" change??? You know, with hot flashes and stuff?
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    As some one who works full time and is in the final year of receiving an architecture degree and makes it to the gym 5 times every week, not having time is the biggest excuse.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Nobody wants to take me out on a date, so I never have this problem.

.....Sigh. I'll be in my bunk.

QFT
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    I don't understand what you mean by "the change". But then again, I don't ever get asked on dates so I don't have to worry about making time for someone. :cry:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

I too am this same super hero . . . I call her "EveryWoman" and instead of the cape billowing out from her shirt collar she has her hair standing on end, a huge purse with random paperwork and toys spilling out over the top, another bag with workout clothes, and her cape tucked under her arm.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    I think you can sacrifice going on a date than working out. And like others said, work out in the morning to get it out of the way.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member

QFT
    I'll take you ladies out for steaks and crazy amounts of alcohol.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Just sleep with him.

Then you both get exercise.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member

See you know how it is .. but you're a superhero !!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member

QFT
    DEAL.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Here's what you say:

"Hey, I'd love to go out with you. 7? Hmmmm. Can you make it 7:30? I need to make time for the change after working out."

Guy says "Ok" and thinks it is awesome that you work out.

Problem solved.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member

QFT

I would LOVE that.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Just sleep with him.

Then you both get exercise.

FTW!!!!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    But there is plenty of time if you make it!

This^ Words of wisdom right there.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    GYM > DATING
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Date? What is that? *sigh* if I had the opportunity I would MAKE the time for BOTH.