PMT over eating - aarrgghh!

Options
Came home yesterday and just wanted to eat and eat and eat and eat ......................

The plus side is that when I went to the supermarket on the way home I didint' fall victim to the chocolates and sweets like I used to but on the down side, I went at least 600 calories over my goal!

But lessons learned from these boards - I'm not beating myself up. it's the first 'binge' I've had since 3rd Jan so I will NOT feel guilty.........................

B x

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It's quite normal to be hungrier with PMT.

Actually there is evidence that TDEE increases during this time so it may be necessary to adjust your intake a bit a few days before TOM. People who use Bodymedia arm bands have sometimes found this to be the case as the temperature of their body is slightly higher during this time, leading to increase calorie burns.
  • candirose69
    candirose69 Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm feeling ya hun!!! Im day 2 and have eaten soooo mcuh chocolate ect that i stopped counting because it was making me depressed!!! for some reason this TOM has hit me really hard!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I usually make sure to take a multivitamin with iron around that time. It helps curb the munchies.
  • skyler8937
    Options
    Well, you're not alone.

I can guarantee that a week before my cycle starts I am going to be hungry all day, every day.

Yesterday I went over my calories by 600 (partly because it was my dad's birthday and we took him out to dinner) but also because I KNEW I was going to feel hungrier than usual so I packed more in my lunch. Instead of just homemade soup & a slice of fresh bread (which would be a "normal" lunch for me at this point)...I added a salad with a hardboiled egg and some crackers.

Don't let this week sabotage your efforts or get you discouraged. Plan accordingly. If you know you'll be hungrier, plan to eat more but make it nutritional. I think that when you fail to plan, that's when the "bad" choices occur. At least with me anyways. :-)

And if you're craving chocolate, here's a recipe I really enjoy to curb that sweet tooth. :-)

(Instead of the Maple Syrup which is RIDICULOUSLY high in sugar, I substitue with honey. I also use all natural peanut butter instead of store-bought, additive crap.) :-)

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/No-Bake-Chocolate-Oatmeal-Cookies-Allrecipes?columns=4&position=6/36

Posting this reminds me that I should probably make some of these tonight since my chocolate craving will be attacking in the next few days. :-)

Good luck! :-)
  • jay_ne
    jay_ne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    PMT grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Totally over indulged for 3 days now feeling like it is all going wrong :(
  • annacolour
    Options
    They don't call it the curse for nothing ladies! BUT all I can say is don't beat yourself up over a couple of days and don't let a couple of days set back make you give up! We can do anything we put our minds too and rest easy that we will never be alone :-) I am gonna try the iron supplement! :smile:
  • Dolling5
    Dolling5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feeling your pain. Just come on but on Friday I suddenly was uncharacteristically furious for no reason (PMT). Wine and chocolate helped:)
    I've found since watching my weight that I get really woosey around 'that time'. Gonna try the iron supplement suggestion. I've never fainted in my life, but come close the last couple of months. Also, I think from reading these posts that I won't be so strict with my calories during those few days - a few extra won't hurt for 4 or 5 days.