This is Me!! New to MFP!

Options
My name is Mandy and I am new to this site but not new to the struggles of weight problems. It has been something I have struggled with all my life but really mainly since I had my daughter who is now 6. My fiance, my daughter and I go to the gym leisurely Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, however; this past Monday I got on the scale and basically I had a break down. I was 12 pounds heavier than I have EVER been and it just shocked me in to reality. I got to the gym that night and did a great and hard work out. So now I need and am going to do something. So I started a new "Habit" I get up every morning at 5 am and get to the gym and do a good 30-45 workout. Then I get ready at the gym and go to work.(I work M-Fri 7:30-4). Im still keeping family gyms days too, we just mainly go swimming so yes on those days I double up. Sunday is my lazy and relaxing day.

My daughter means the world to me and never ever ever did I think I would be the mom on the side. I have always wanted to be the mom that runs and plays with their child/ren, instead I let myself get to such an unhealthy situation that I am ashamed of myself and embarrassed. So I am now dedicated and motivated. I AM DONE being overweight and unhealthy. Im doing this for myself but also for my family. I want to not only be here for my daughter Rylee on her graduation day, wedding day, day-to-day, but I want to run and jump and hike and swim with her and the love of my life Joshua.

I have a great support system and I am so thankful for them. I will be posting my success as it happens. My first achievement was deciding I am doing this. I am now on day 4 and I feel absolutely great!!

Oh also I am getting married on May 16th 2014 so that's another fun reason to get into great shape!!

Replies

• whankammer
    whankammer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Glad to meet you! Awesome story and congrats on making the choice to stick with it! You can do it and this tool can help!
  • telt4
    telt4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Support system makes all the difference in the world!
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck in your weight loss!! My anniversary is May 12th lol I understand the trials of running after little ones. My husband and I have three (8,6,&2) we're both trying to get healthy for their sake. Please feel free to add if you need any extra support or motivation.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mandy. Congrats on your forthcoming nuptials and making the decision for a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to add me if you like
  • momonmission2013
    Options
    Awesome story and good luck - Ive been on mfp for a while now but this is my second go around and hopefully my last I had some medical issues stopping me - always looking for new friends add me if you would like
  • mandolin111083
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm excited for this new journey!!
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    Hi me! andI am me too!I

wonder if we are related... we are both Me's!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm excited for this new journey!!

Yes, but this journey you won't be alone! We got ya!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....you are going to do great here.....love your attitude...."I will post my success...."

So many cool reasons to do this........ your whole life in front of you ..... how exciting for you!

Jean