A stranger at the gym made my day!

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
So I was at the gym today in the locker room, and this woman was doing her hair in the mirror. She turns to me and said "I just have to tell you how good you look! I have been coming here for four months and I see you here all the time, and you look so good. You can see the difference and tell you've been working hard!" I was speechless (which, if you knew me, you know never happens! :laugh: ) but finally managed to thank her and tell her she made my day! It was so nice! At the gym I used to go to, last year, this woman who didn't speak English very well would make nice comments to me. I forgot how good it feels!

So if you ever thought that about someone at the gym, and were hesitant to tell them, do it! It'll make you both feel great! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    What a nice story to share. None of ever can really know how a few words of kindness may affect another person's day! Those random acts of kindness really do make a difference! Congratulations on your success!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    We are angels to each other. What good reminder of how wonderful a few kind words can mean and indirectly affect so many. Great for you to be accomplishing and excellent of her to say something!!!!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What a lovely thing to hear - congrats!
  • toots99
    Options
    Thanks! It was very nice, especially when people are more apt to make nasty comments rather than nice ones!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    How fantastic!!!
  • momof2boys1321
    Options
    How long has it taken you to do this...I've already lost almost 6 lbs in 1 wk.
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Great to hear, and good for you!

I'm not sure that would go over well for us guys though. If I told another dude in the locker room how great he looked and how hard he was working, it would likely get a reaction different than yours.
  • toots99
    Options
    How long has it taken you to do this...I've already lost almost 6 lbs in 1 wk.

I've been losing weight and working out for a long time...but this is the longest I've stuck it out. I've lost 55 lbs since Jan of 2009. It's a long road, but it can be done!
  • toots99
    Options
    Great to hear, and good for you!

I'm not sure that would go over well for us guys though. If I told another dude in the locker room how great he looked and how hard he was working, it would likely get a reaction different than yours.

:laugh: I imagine you're right!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is great!! You must feel so proud!! :flowerforyou:

It is the comments like that that keep us going!!! :drinker:
  • toots99
    Options
    It did make me very proud! :drinker:
  • aphroditespalace
    Options
    too cute, you are obviously working really hard. way to go!
  • HotMommy0609
    HotMommy0609 Posts: 224
    Options
    Awesome! I probably would have skipped away after that!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :heart: :smile: Awwe! What a sweet lady and how nice to hear that even a stranger has noticed all your hard work!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    :smile:

A smile and a compliment can go far in many aspects in life.... NEVER be afraid to share something nice with someone else, it may be exactly what they are needing!
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    that's really great :)
  • toots99
    Options
    I hope her good karma comes back to her. :smile:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Awww...that is SO awesome! How nice of her! That would have made my day too!!! Good for you girl! :smile:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love hearing things like that. It really does make your day and it's nice to know someone else sees the results of your hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!