Cautionary Tale

Options
gctest
gctest Posts: 12 Member
I am down about 25 pounds over the last 6 months and have altered my diet for the better. It isn't perfect but quite improved.

The last 2 months I hadn't eaten any fast food that wasn't a salad but yesterday I had Wendy's. Felt sick immediately and in the middle of the night I woke up and then threw it up.

I have had a horrible diet for basically my entire life. You would think a small break wouldn't really phase me but it did. Just goes to show how bad that crap is. It really isn't even food. It was a chicken sandwich too, not a burger. Disgusting but I think this was the kick in the *kitten* I need to just cut all of this stuff, not cut back, CUT IT OUT.

Replies

• theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I had a similar reaction when I first started out. I had cut out just fast food, sodas, etc. I wasn't "clean eating" but I wasn't eating anything that was fried or greasy or loaded with sugar. The moment I had some McDonald's for the first time in months, I was nauseated. And I grew up on and maintained a pure garbage diet into my late 20's.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am the same way - when I eat better I feel better (mentally AND physically). Just one day of eating better can completely change the way I feel. I feel ill when I eat "junk".. It's incredible and yet, makes complete sense. Sad what society has come to...
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 25lb loss! That is fantastic! Also great that your body has adapted so much to your new diet that your old diet isn't working for it anymore - keep up the good work!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Same thing happened to me and my husband. We have cut out fast food and try to eat mainly at home cooking for ourselves. We were on a trip and went through a McDonalds. We both had grilled chicken sandwiches and both became sick to our stomachs that night into the morning.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I actually WISH I had that issue. I do eat whole unprccessed foods 95% of the time, but when I don't it doesn't seem to effect me.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me. If I end up having fast food or something greasy I get nauseous soon after. I also find I eat a lot less of the meal than I used to because it just doesn't taste as good as it used to.

I guess change can be good.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I hear ya!!!

I've been eating 100% clean since the new year...next month we are going to Vegas and I am afraid to even try anything for fear of getting sick and wasting my vacation feeling yucky!

It's kind of a positive thing though when our bodies tell us we have made the right choice getting that kind of stuff out of our diets though isn't it?
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So last sunday I had a particular bad day for eating. I had gone to a dnner dance the night before and consumed FAR too much Wine. Anyways--i thought; its sunday, Im going to have a cheat day because I have a terrible hang over (the wine hit me harder then it normally does because of all thje good healthy eating!) anyways, I ate probably enough pasta (my downfall) for 5 people. Haha. I felt like GARBAGE. Won't be doing that ever again.
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've actually noticed this as well with dairy.
    I've cut, for the most part, dairy out of my diet and I can tell if I eat more than my body has become used to.
    It's kind of crazy how our body's adjust.

As far as fast food, I don't think I've eaten fast food that wasn't subway in forever! :) Which is a feat for me considering my past. haha.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I actually WISH I had that issue. I do eat whole unprccessed foods 95% of the time, but when I don't it doesn't seem to effect me.

Same here
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've actually noticed this as well with dairy.
    I've cut, for the most part, dairy out of my diet and I can tell if I eat more than my body has become used to.
    It's kind of crazy how our body's adjust.

As far as fast food, I don't think I've eaten fast food that wasn't subway in forever! :) Which is a feat for me considering my past. haha.

mmmm subway.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I am down about 25 pounds over the last 6 months and have altered my diet for the better. It isn't perfect but quite improved.

The last 2 months I hadn't eaten any fast food that wasn't a salad but yesterday I had Wendy's. Felt sick immediately and in the middle of the night I woke up and then threw it up.

I have had a horrible diet for basically my entire life. You would think a small break wouldn't really phase me but it did. Just goes to show how bad that crap is. It really isn't even food. It was a chicken sandwich too, not a burger. Disgusting but I think this was the kick in the *kitten* I need to just cut all of this stuff, not cut back, CUT IT OUT.

Wait. You think the fact that you vomited up a chicken sandwich from Wendy's is somehow evidence that Wendy's is bad?

Is this for real? What do you think was in the sandwich that made you so sick? Do you think perhaps it could have been purely mental?
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Whenever junk makes me feel sick I count it as a win! You are doing something right! You can get used to it again, but eating and feeling better is it's own positive reinforcement if you don't slide too long and forget what "good" feels like. Yay you!
  • gctest
    gctest Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Wait. You think the fact that you vomited up a chicken sandwich from Wendy's is somehow evidence that Wendy's is bad?

Is this for real? What do you think was in the sandwich that made you so sick? Do you think perhaps it could have been purely mental?

Are you saying Wendy's is good?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Are you saying Wendy's is good?

I am saying there's nothing in a chicken sandwich from Wendy's that is somehow "bad" or "evil" or should make anyone throw up.