Protein Powder

Options
Hi everyone!! I am looking to purchase whey protein powder for the first time. However I need some help with selectinga brand. If anyone can please give me suggestions I would really apprciate it. Thank you!! :)

Replies

• tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just get the stuff at Wal-Mart actually I think that most grocery stores have it. I forget the name though. One can pay more for others and get bells and whistles or go cheap and get just the extra protein one is looking for.
  • Jerbear1985
    Jerbear1985 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use dymatize and love it. Its about 40/ 5 lbs online. drink it for breakfast five days a week.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    MTS Nutrition Whey, best whey protein out there . Anything done by Marc Lobliner is A+++++
  • ivory98107
    ivory98107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Syntax Nectar Whey Protein Isolates powders are exceptional. I prefer the fruit flavors (my favs are fuzzy navel and lemonade). 1 scoop is 24 g protein, 100 calories, zero fat and zero carbs.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    NOW foods has some great pricing options. They also range in whey protein, soy protein, vegetable protein, and isolates. Great stuff. I get mine from Swanson's Vitamins. Decent pricing, and they usually have shipping specials.
  • cchamil1985
    cchamil1985 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd like to throw my question in here, I was about to post a similar topic, I need to get more whey and I have some recipes that call for vanilla flavored powder. Problem is all of the brands I have tried (gnc, walmart (generic), ON, to name a few) taste horrible when mixed with water.

Is there a Vanilla whey that tastes good by itself?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I use Bluebonnet Whey Protein Isolate. It is all-natural, made in the U.S., and sourced from grass-fed cow's milk (antibiotic and rBGH-free) from New Zealand. I only use the french vanilla flavor, and I mix it with water and various fruits, but I have never felt the need to add any other kind of sweetener.
  • Blugrasgrl79
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Total Lean 25 from GNC?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I use Genuine Health's proteins+

You may or may not have it there where you live but should you not.. go for a very low carb one, minimum 25g of protein.. if you can find a protein powder that is sweetened with stevia that's even better! Much better than gross refined sugar
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I vote for the half price two for one protien on sale at the place closest to ur house.
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'd like to throw my question in here, I was about to post a similar topic, I need to get more whey and I have some recipes that call for vanilla flavored powder. Problem is all of the brands I have tried (gnc, walmart (generic), ON, to name a few) taste horrible when mixed with water.

Isopure Natural vanilla. No artificial sweeteners at all, tastes like a vanilla milkshake with no chemical taste. 1 scoop is 115 Calories with 25G protein. Uses Evaporated Cane juice (cane Sugar) and Luo Han Guo for sweetener. It is the best tasting whey protein I have ever had. Allstarhealth has it $10 cheaper than everyone else online as well.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Isopure Natural vanilla. No artificial sweeteners at all, tastes like a vanilla milkshake with no chemical taste. 1 scoop is 115 Calories with 25G protein. Uses Evaporated Cane juice (cane Sugar) and Luo Han Guo for sweetener. It is the best tasting whey protein I have ever had. Allstarhealth has it $10 cheaper than everyone else online as well.

I use Isopure as well but I prefer the Dutch chocolate! 110 cals, 25g protein per scoop and it actually tastes good and mixes well - it doesn't leave a gritty tecture when you mix it with yogurt or add it to shakes.
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like IntraPro Whey isolate! Using Vanilla currently and it's delicious!
  • Carabear2013
    Options
    @ Blugrasgrl79

My husband and I just started the GNC Lean Shake 25. It tastes great , mixes well with fruits or instant coffee for morning shake. since it is the 25g protein, it does make you feel full and stay with you.
    Last year I was only using the GNC Lean Shake that has 9g protein and it worked fine. i averaged about 10lbs a month off. BUT now they have the 25, I prefer that because I do feel fuller longer and its good to have the extra protein. :)
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have not found a vanilla that is good on its own. I use vanilla for baking/mixing and other flavors for shakes.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    For good protein, low carb, great tasting protein powder... Walker's Diet (I like - Chocolate and Strawberry..Vanilla tastes like coconut) and Metrx Ultramyosyn Whey (I like chocolate peanut butter)
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I just get the stuff at Wal-Mart actually I think that most grocery stores have it. I forget the name though. One can pay more for others and get bells and whistles or go cheap and get just the extra protein one is looking for.

Body Fortress is what I get at walmart.
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I thought about getting protein powder, so this is a great conversation! The question I have is this.... is too much protein back for you?
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    PHD all the way, tastes good and isn't too expensive
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I bought Bodylogix 100% Natural Whey Protein Powder, in chocolate. It mixes wonderfully, and tastes awesome. It has Stevia only as a sweetener (others give me headaches), and it's cheap ($21 ).