Super simple One-pot meal SO yummy

Options
Annie120484
Annie120484 Posts: 44 Member
This is the simplest thing ever but I can't stop eating it! So good!

Season a few chicken thighs and brown them over medium heat for a couple mins per side
Transfer them to a plate
Throw a chopped onion and a few minced garlic cloves in pan, add splash dry white wine, saute 2 min
Add chicken back to pan and pour about 1/2 cup- 1 cup of low sodium chicken stock into pan
Cover, braise chicken for about 20-25 min
Remove chicken- you should still have a bit of liquid in pan and some browned onion/garlic
Dump in a big pile of chopped kale and a chopped head of broccoli- cover with lid
Leave it for a few so the veggies steam
Stir it a bit so the veggies get covered with the liquid and the onions
Steam for a few more minutes til the broc is tender and kale is wilted.

I love to put about a cup of cooked brown rice in the bowl first and then a big scoop of the broc/kale, then a bit of crumbled feta cheese, and then one of the chicken thighs. I love this recipe because the veggies soak up so much yummy flavor when they steam in the chicken and onion jucies. Sometimes I add sliced avocado or a dash of Tamari sauce. Hope someone else benefits from my cooking adventures!

Replies

• janeypoosandbob
    janeypoosandbob Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That does sound lovely.I think I'll give this s go next week for sure.

Thanks for posting :smile:
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    that sounds good. thanks !
  • Zoe85
    Zoe85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is the simplest thing ever but I can't stop eating it! So good!

Season a few chicken thighs and brown them over medium heat for a couple mins per side
    Transfer them to a plate
    Throw a chopped onion and a few minced garlic cloves in pan, add splash dry white wine, saute 2 min
    Add chicken back to pan and pour about 1/2 cup- 1 cup of low sodium chicken stock into pan
    Cover, braise chicken for about 20-25 min
    Remove chicken- you should still have a bit of liquid in pan and some browned onion/garlic
    Dump in a big pile of chopped kale and a chopped head of broccoli- cover with lid
    Leave it for a few so the veggies steam
    Stir it a bit so the veggies get covered with the liquid and the onions
    Steam for a few more minutes til the broc is tender and kale is wilted.

I love to put about a cup of cooked brown rice in the bowl first and then a big scoop of the broc/kale, then a bit of crumbled feta cheese, and then one of the chicken thighs. I love this recipe because the veggies soak up so much yummy flavor when they steam in the chicken and onion jucies. Sometimes I add sliced avocado or a dash of Tamari sauce. Hope someone else benefits from my cooking adventures!

I must try this tonight :) thanks for the recipe, sounds yummy
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!
  • rel12345
    rel12345 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump