First time MFP user.

Options
I just signed up for MFP. I can't wait to try out the different features offered on the site. I need to hold myself accountable and I think the food journal/calorie counter may be just want I looking for.
In what ways do you feel this site has helped with your lifestyle? Any suggestions for a MFP rookie are welcomed.

Replies

• ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    There is a lot to this site besides calorie counting. There is a community of people that help each other to attain their weight loss goals. Spend some time on here and make some friends. They will encourage you to exercise and diet in a healthy way. I'll add you as a friend. We are not alone in this, we can support one another.
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The people! I need lots of help with motivation. I don't really get it from the family, so I turn here. Everyone is really great. Don't be afraid to ask for help either. People won't know that you need help if you don't ask(that's my biggest downfall, so do as I say not as I do. LOL)

I'll add you as a friend and we can keep in touch.
  • RogerWillis
    Options
    Hi Richierich1227, and welcome to MyFitnessPal! This is a great site for accountability. I started about a week ago and have interacted with sooo many people! The support and encouragement is great!

I have been on the site for a week and it has really helped me to be more thoughtful about what I put into my body. I don't over do it anymore because I now have a set stopping point! With counting calories I also exercise 4 days a week and take supplements, all of which are key to my weight loss!

Good providence!

-roger
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I have been on the site for a little over 30 days and it has helped me tremendously. I am more conscious of what I eat. I understand now that the calories add up QUICKLY so I have to be more mindful of portion sizes. I measure everything according to what the serving size is on the packaging.
    Richierich, How has your experience been on MFP so far? Are you happy with your results?