Serious about weight loss and looking for friends! :)

Options
My names Marissa and I'm 24yo. I was 19 and 135lbs when I started gaining weight due to depression (primarily) and the depo shot, along with daily life. Within 3 years I was up to 210lbs, the heaviest I have ever been. A year and a half ago I got down to 195-197 by sheer luck. I am the pickiest eater in the world and I loath exercise! For the first time I am taking my weight seriously and I'm ready to make changes. Not just temporary, but for life! Last Tuesday I started with a low calorie diet. I lost 4 lbs and was very excited, until the weekend hit and I fell of the wagon. I only gained 2lbs back, but I was still disappointed in myself. This Tuesday I started with a low carb diet (way easier than counting calories, but I still do that too) and I have noticed significant weight loss. In the last two days I've lost 3lbs! I plan on incorporating cardio and strength training beginning this weekend. My goal is to be between 150-160lbs. Not too skinny and just the right amount of curves! I started at 193.5 and I am now at 188.5! I've got a long way to go but know I can get there with motivation, encouragement and support! :wink:

Replies

• keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Marissa you're more than welcome to add me!! I'm 32yo at my highest 306 I'm currently 281.5 wearing a sz 18!! I haven't worn an 18 in so long that I cried when I put them on.!! I'll try to motivate and help a long your weightloss journey!!
  • MrsCaricoMom3andWife
    Options
    I have been dieting for about three weeks myself. I find it hard to stay motivated, luckily my husband is dieting with me. I was 19 105lbs had my first son and was only 135 after that so i was happy. fast forward to kid 3 and i was 200lbs, I found this ap not to long ago,and have lost 12lbs since I found it. I am very serious about this too. I am 29. I do not know how to add friends on here I am still very green to this site but if you would like to add me, and we can help keep each other motivated that would be great. Good luck!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi ! you are welcome to add me. I have lost 71 pounds so far
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I Definitely need SERIOUS LOSERS on my FL. Add me if you'd like.
  • wdshell
    wdshell Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Marissa :)

Well done on committing to a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to add me if you wish and I'll help keep you motivated. Make sure you find an exercise that you really enjoy; trial and error...i promise you will find one and if you're weight training remember lift heavy and safe rather than endless reps with light weight.
    Good luck in your endeavours! x
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    Always want lots of people in the same boat on my home so add me if you like. Having a big mid way battle with weight loss atm!!
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Omg! Someone that gained on the Depo-Shot just like me!!! :flowerforyou:
    Lol! I'm very serious about getting this weight gone and OFF my body for life!
    I am on a low carb, high fat diet (waits for arrows) :laugh: But eventually, I want to transition into just eating clean, and looking into the paleo diet, I'm on the ketogenic (low carb high fat) to lose and lose and lose this excess weight.
    Then I'll switch up my plan to maintain my weight :)
    I find keto helps me alot with controling the hungry Depo causes (yes, i'm still on it, have been on it while losing all this weight)
    If anyone wants a new friend, feel free to add me, my diary is open to the public.
    Good luck on everyone's journey! :drinker:
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    My heaviest was 210 as well back, in Nov 2012! I'm currently sitting at 177 and still losing consistently!! My goal is to be about 140 lbs. When I started my journey, I wasn't as serious about it as I am now. I walked into a gym to sign up, the consultant had me meet with a personal trainer and I liked him so much that I decided to sign up for a couple of session with him. He layed everything out for me, he gave me my Macro requirements, calorie intake, and how many calories he wanted me to burn within a weeks time just doing cardio alone and told me to download this app on my phone to keep track of everything. After my first two sessions with him and dieting I was hooked! I signed up for a lot more sessions with him and within 3 weeks I had lost 11 pounds. Ever since that day I have been on the "Wagon". My trainer had me start my calories at 1400-1500 daily, but at the beginning I was having no appetite and found it difficult to eat ( go figure, how else does one gain weight). So I told him I am going to put myself at 1200 :(, I know i know that is bad, but I am working my way back up to 1400 and to help rehab my metabolism after the 1200 calories bad decision. But I do allow myself "cheat" meals and refeed days. I don't do a full cheat day, because my eating habits have become pretty engrained now that even the thought of eat the things I used to makes me nauseous! But that doesn't include sweet treats, which are my weakness! I enjoy those in moderation and IIFYM and also create healthy variations of my favorite treat (Chocolate peanut butter protein lava mug cake, YUM)! My trainer tells me the days that I need to refeed, that is when I increase my carb intake by 20%, lower protein by 20% and keep my fat intake at 35% for the day. I have been doing this for 4 and 1/2 months and 33 pounds lost! It is all trial and error, I think all of us who are in a calorie deficit and trying to lose weight wish it was all black and white, but it's not! Keep up the good work and you can find great support on this site, have faith and patience! The biggest battle is the one you fight, between your ears!
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Totally here for support girlie!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing fantastic - keep it up!!!
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me.
  • Katrina930
    Katrina930 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Marissa...same here, add me. I want to lose at least 100+ lbs. I have also been doing the low carb high protien thing.and although I do not have a scale I do feel like its slightly working. I need more motivation just like alot of others.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... I'm Lew, dad of two, three in October! My wife had dropped 35 and is now obviously not dropping... I'm down 138 in 8 months and still going strong. I provide lots of feedback and my diary is open for friends to get ideas from... Good luck to everyone on their health goals. I plan to be on here for the next fifty years keeping myself in check.
  • trixster319
    Options
    Hi all! I am relatively new to MFP. I have used it briefly before but not seriously. I am a disabled veteran and am 29 years old. I have a chest wall/rib cage injury that make it tough to work out and exert myself too physically. I also suffer from PTSD and depression and have gained a substantial amount of weight the past couple of years. I am now roughly 170 pounds and my doctor says I need to lose weight because it is affecting my injuries. My goal is to lose about 30-35 pounds. I am dieting and slowly but surely starting to increase my workout times so as not to injure myself further. I need friends and support. Please feel free to add me. Thanks
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The more friends to merrier! Feel free to friend me :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of those who are serious about weight loss! Feel free to add me. :)
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    Im always open for new friends! I have meet some awesome people already and always have room for more :D
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • MichelleP816
    MichelleP816 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im looking for new friends as well.