getting rid of my "fat" clothes

Options
2»

Replies

• genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Dwight, I just read all your post and I must say :drinker: CONGRATULATIONS on losing all that weight!!!!!:drinker:
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm have a huge problem with this! I have tons of pants that I can't wear anymore, but I'm too scared to get rid of them! I was still wearing them for a while until I realize that I have 2 pairs of jeans and one nice black pair of pants that fit- I only wear those and skirts now. But alllll my pants are just lying around on the floor. I've got shirts hanging up in the closet that I can't wear either. But I'm so scared to get rid of them. For one, I won't have many clothes left :frown: ...not that it matters if I'm not wearing them, I guess. But really, I can't help but thinking that I am going to need them again. I know that I am doing well and I know I'm not going to give up... but still, not having them is scary. :grumble:
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm have a huge problem with this! I have tons of pants that I can't wear anymore, but I'm too scared to get rid of them! I was still wearing them for a while until I realize that I have 2 pairs of jeans and one nice black pair of pants that fit- I only wear those and skirts now. But alllll my pants are just lying around on the floor. I've got shirts hanging up in the closet that I can't wear either. But I'm so scared to get rid of them. For one, I won't have many clothes left :frown: ...not that it matters if I'm not wearing them, I guess. But really, I can't help but thinking that I am going to need them again. I know that I am doing well and I know I'm not going to give up... but still, not having them is scary. :grumble:

It is scary. It means burning bridges behind you, and that has a sense of finality to it. But it also symbolizes your commitment to staying thin, and that's a good feeling. Time to put on the big girl pants and give your fat stuff to Goodwill.

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave." ~Mark Twain
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with this too, until my DH pointed out that I was actually only wearing 2 pairs of jeans and a couple of tops over and over--tossing out the "too large clothes" really gave me good perspective on how far I've come (and it left me with empty drawers to fill with nice clothes that don't hang off my hips). Although I'll admit DH had to make me pack them up and donate them: it's a nice commitment to make to your new size :)
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I cleared out the wardrobe a few weeks ago and stuck a lot of stuff on Ebay! I didn't want to hold onto my fat clothes, as I felt they provided me with an excuse to put all the weight back on again...

At the moment I have a few dresses, two pairs of jeans, a pair of work trousers and a few tops that actually fit me
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi! I am in transition mode at the moment - so my work trousers are all a UK size 16 - (I think that is a US size 14) - I got dressed this morning and the only way I could wear my trousers without looking like someone with no dress sense at all was to take my belt and put it on the tightest setting :) - so I have now bought some size 14 work trousers - but I could easily get into a size 12 - but one thing I have noticed is with the increase in weights - my thighs are becoming quite muscular so lets stick to a size 14 for now with a belt :)

Another issue is bras - so I wear a size 34E they now don't fit at all - or they fit with no support so I went to get fitted the other day and she said that I am now a 32DD - issue with this is that the 34E's I bought are only 2.5 months old - i still want to loose another 10-15lbs and I have no idea where that weight is going to drop from so I bought one new bra (costing me £45) and I will leave it at that for now!

I am giving my larger clothes to my mum - and my bras are going up in the loft in the next few weeks! I probably will donate them in the next few months - but they are gorgeous so I can't part with them yet!

My tops which are now too big have gone - I have no intention of going back to where I was, I like being slim :)