Results!

Options
Here's to motivating/encouraging fellow MFP-ers! So you know how you always hear, "don't pay attention to the scale"? Well most of us bigger girls want to pay all our attention there.

For example: I initially dropped 25 pounds (205 to 175) so I kept watching the scale. Then I plateaued and got discouraged and stopped looking at the scale and stopped trying so I was up to 190 and looked at the scale and was like :O About 3 weeks ago I started taking control again and here's the deal.

I started again at 190 and initially dropped 5 pounds (185 right now), and am at a plateau, again. BUT this time I kept going and I have noticed my weight staying the same. Results? My results are in my daily workout, I can do more that I could 2 weeks ago AND I am now toning in my arms and legs. My weight is staying the same, but my muscles are toning. Yes, my goal weight is 135-140 but that is just that. My dream weight. If I end up at 145 and am looking like I want, I will stop there and maintain. I do know I have a bit to lose, but taking it 10 lbs at a time helps! I am 20 lbs down!

Don't pay TOO MUCH attention to the scale, but do pay a little. :) It really helps to take a picture of yourself once a week in your underwear (or nothing, I just prefer underwear in case someone finds my phone and guesses my pass code.. O.o) and go from that, in a few weeks or months compare your very first picture with your most recent one, viola.

Hope this helps someone!\

~Lanie <3

Replies

• gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awsome! I'm currently sitting at 170lb for the whole month of Feb and for some reason it doesnt matter what I do the scale wont budge to 169. lol
    I'm needing to do something different asap!
  • barefootsoul91
    Options
    I strted weight training (the cheaper way with hand weights at home) and running more. i feel better regrdless of the weight but i just cant get down to 170s! so i know thatfeeling. keep pushin.
  • tjmist
    tjmist Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same spot! I can't seem to break 170! It's driving me nuts, and it has definitely been long enough to be a plateau, we're talking 2 months now and I just keep losing and gaining the same pounds back staying between 170-175. Grrrrr! I'm currently training for a half-marathon and sticking to a 6 day a week work out schedule which is helping tone but not to lose! My goal is 145 as well and at this rate it feels like I'm never going to get there! Right now i can't change much as far as working out since i'm training for the race and not to lose weight, but how is it that now my body has completely stopped losing weight altogether!

I think there is something to this magical 170 number. Both of your stats are similar to mine and I am making progress fitness wise, and yes I know the scale isn't everything... but it is something!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Same here.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yup...those good old NSVs are valuable. For me it's a simple matter of watching my belt buckle go to the next hole...LOL.

Good job!