Strategies/Tips to control hunger

Serprah
Serprah Posts: 15
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, I'm new to myfitnesspal. I've recently got a membership to a gym nearby. The first day I went on a threadmill. I was going 3.0 MPH! The threadmill said I lost 364 Calories. Not bad on my first day I don't think. I was wondering how do you guys fight hunger? The motivation is there, but the pain of hunger is still there. Thanks for the help! :)

Replies

• leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    First protien is your friend. It will help to fill you up.

Next you should eat 5-6 small meals a day. This will help boost your metabolism plus you aren't gong stetches being hungry. I eat every 2-3 hrs. So I am always full and feelig great. If you gett 3 meals a day and go long streches you will be prone to binge and over eat.

This way you get to eat but do it healthy.
  • Serprah
    Protein. Okay I'll remember that. Thank you for the great advice. I'll defintley have something light to eat every few hours. Thanks!
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    i drink lots of fluids as it seems to fill me up--water has no calories!
  • Serprah
    Great advice, thank you. I will defintley get a lot of water in my system. Infact I'll even add a few drops of lemon to make it flavorful. Thanks for the advice!
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    Protein. Okay I'll remember that. Thank you for the great advice. I'll defintley have something light to eat every few hours. Thanks!
    You can check out my diary and see how I do it.
    I changed the names of the meals to times of day. 3 hr increments. If you log you food it than becomes easy. Check out my diary and you will see what I mean.
  • Serprah
    Okay thanks I'll check it out. Having all the food you eat and water you drink recorded really does give you a big picture. It'll make me think twice before I eat something that may make me go over my calorie limit. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.