1 month at the same weight - help needed

Options
2»

Replies

• kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would LESS out 20% off of your TDEE which you calculated at either 2050 (sed) or 2210 (light) - so less 20% off that and you should eat either 1640 (sed) to 1768 (light) cal / day.

The roadmap thread states unless you are literally in bed all day and not moving, put in light. If you are eating 1900 cal / day, you might be eating at the "maintenance" level as 1900 is 200-300 more then the appropriate TDEE less 20% calculation which could be why no loss is happening.

• nicolewall2
    Options
    Not sure if this info helps or not....

I know some people that are doing MFP, are entering EVERY single thing they do as exercise. For example....standing for 3 hours, washing the dishes for 10 min, etc. I don't think you are really supposed to do that on here. I think if you enter all of that, you will be at a stand-still. I don't know... Just a thought!! :smile:
  • irishscootz
    Options
    I stalled out for a week, when I was about a month into it, and I totally freaked out. I couldn't understand why, and all I wanted was to find a fix. I was working out 3-4 a week, doing high intensity boxing training. I was usually in the gym for 1.5 to 2 hours every time. I would add my workouts to MFP, and then eat the calories that I needed to get back to the intake number. I was getting so many different opinions on what to do with those workout calories, that I decided to test it out. I took one week, and ate half of the workout calories. The following week, I didn't eat any of the workout calories. This definitely kick started the fat burning process once again. Not eating any of the workout calories gave me the best results, and I am continuing to do that.

There are different opinions on what to do with workout calories, as you will find, but this is what worked for me. At any rate, it certainly helped me subconsciously change things up. Hope this helps!!
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat - the last time I had a loss was Feb. 18! Very discouraging; but I am still here and still sticking to it.

I started at 1200 calories and wasn't losing ANYTHING! so I read the following post and changed my numbers. I think it has helped but I have just stalled; like I do everytime I lose weight.

Read this it explains it all and how to customize your MFP page

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12:

Try it out for 2 weeks like I did, if it helps continue with it - if it doesn't go back to the way you were doing it; it can't hurt. :ohwell:

Don't give up, keep at it. We are all here for the same reason and to help support .:flowerforyou:
  • BrittneyT2
    BrittneyT2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Were you steadily losing weight eating at this same calorie range the month before you stalled? My husband and I both lost a significant amount of weight our first month dieting, but then both stalled out at the same time and for an entire month with no weight loss. I used a LOT of online calculators, and ended up increasing our calories last week, and we both started losing steadily again. I'm 5'4 female and was eating 1200/day getting nowhere. Increased to 1300-1400/day and am now losing steadily again. My husband is 5'10 and increased from 1200-1300/day to 1700-1800/day and he's dropped over 2lbs this last week. I'm not saying that you need to increase your calories, just that it might be a possibility. If you are doing a lot of cardio and not eating back those calories or at least some of them, you may have a greater calorie deficit than you think and that can have an effect on your metabolism and fat loss. Plug your information into several calculators, and see if you're eating back your exercise calories so your net calories are in your range.

And congrats on the 30lbs! That's great!!!!!!!
  • beachlover0103
    beachlover0103 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I would try to eat a little more protein and a little less carbs. Also try adding weight training to your excercise routine.

Are you drinking enough water? Drinking water is essential to losing weight. If your not drinking enough, your body thinks its dehydrated and you won't lose as much weight, if at all.

Good luck and hang in there...this is not an easy thing and we all need to have patience with ourselves. Sometimes our bodies just need to adjust to the new weight.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I would try to eat a little more protein and a little less carbs. Also try adding weight training to your excercise routine.

Are you drinking enough water? Drinking water is essential to losing weight. If your not drinking enough, your body thinks its dehydrated and you won't lose as much weight, if at all.

Good luck and hang in there...this is not an easy thing and we all need to have patience with ourselves. Sometimes our bodies just need to adjust to the new weight.

I was going to say this as well. I know people say the type of calorie doesn't matter, but I just anti le a thing eating lots of crabs.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Carolyn, I have been stuck at the same weight for a month also. I lost 4 pounds the first month and now NOTHING. Right now I am just trying to keep motivated. I know eating right and exercising will pay off. I wish I had some advice for you. Hang in there.

Me too. But I'm sticking to it. I didn't gain that weight in a few months so I'm starting to realize I'm not going to lose it as quickly as I hoped.
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm still looking at having lost just 2lb in the last 2 months. I have looked at my calories for that time and it seems that they have crept up a little - not more than 100 cal a day on average though. I've put all the data in a spreadsheet and fear now that I am over analysing things....

I have been going to gym and doing cardio plus in the last two weeks, a couple of weights sessions. I have been trying to eat more protein but I'm finding it hard to cut back the carbs - my energy levels dip and I am super hungry and grumpy!

I will keep going though and hopefully things will change soon
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    An update:

I've been eating more protein and drinking more water, but kept my cals about the same (c1800-2100 depending on the exercise I've done). I've been lifting some weights in the gym. Still exercising by walking and elliptical and I'm still enjoying a few not-so-healthy treats (Easter Chocolate anyone??). In the last three weeks I have lost 5 lb. Yay! Thanks for all help and advice