I have hit a stand still. NEED HELP

Options
I am 29years old. I have three kids. I have a weight goal of 145-150. I started at 190 and am down to 174 but I can not seem to lose anymore weight and I have been 174 for a week. I am still working out and counting calories. How can I get this kick started again? I need to lose this weight to feel healthier, and be able to play with my babies. I am only 5ft 3in. any advice is welcomed!

Replies

• janiedoe14
    janiedoe14 Posts: 117
    Options
    Try counting carbs. It gives you amazing results! If you need help with that I can certainly provide it! :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    its only been a week? give it some more time. if you still havent lost anything in 3 weeks, try switching things up.
    you may need to increase or decrease your intake, or exercise. make sure your loss per week goal isnt too drastic, 1/2-1lb a week may be best.
    weight loss isnt linear, some weeks you lose, some you dont. some you might even gain, but whats important is the downward trend over time.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. One week without a loss is not a plateau.
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    if u r doing everything right (eat and workout) then give urself sometime....if u can ,add some green tea ...i take dieters tea from chinese store...may i cud help
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    its only been a week? give it some more time. if you still havent lost anything in 3 weeks, try switching things up.
    you may need to increase or decrease your intake, or exercise. make sure your loss per week goal isnt too drastic, 1/2-1lb a week may be best.
    weight loss isnt linear, some weeks you lose, some you dont. some you might even gain, but whats important is the downward trend over time.

^^ This

I have had several times where I didn't lose anything for two or three weeks, then a chunk comes off overnight. Give it some time before making changes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Very common to hit snags like this. A month with no movement might mean it's time to reevaluate.

Keep doing the right things. These little blips are really common. Weight loss is not a straight linear path down. There are weeks you lose nothing and weeks you may temporarily gain a couple pounds.
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Options

^^ This

I have had several times where I didn't lose anything for two or three weeks, then a chunk comes off overnight. Give it some time before making changes.

This --

Several times, I have been at what I feel like is a plateau, where I will stay the same or even gain from my lowest weight for several weeks. Then one day I get on the scale and I have dropped four or five pounds, seemingly overnight. It's not a straight line --- but keep going, because staying within your calorie goal works.
  • irishscootz
    Options

Totally this. I had a stall for a week, kept plugging along and sticking to the plan, and the next week was a 5lb loss!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. One week without a loss is not a plateau.
    This^^
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said, one week is not a plateau. From your profile you seem rather new still, your body probably dropped weight quickly in the beginning but then the progress slows. Try progress pics and/or take measurements to keep you motivated :) But I wouldn't panic over a week. My weight can fluctuate throughout the week, or even the day. And if it's that time of the month... well the scale always reads an extra 2-5 lbs that week for me.

The important thing is to keep going, it will drop :)
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    if you have a phone or tablet with android, download pinkpad. you can track your weight AGAINST your cycle. i retain weight and can fluctuate 4-6 POUNDS in the week leading up to my ToM.
  • lightfairy2
    Options
    Hi, so one week at a steady weight is fine, don't obsess. one thing I noticed about your post is you only
    speak of loosing weight. Have you been tracking your measurements? Tracking measurements is important
    because you can loose no weight and sometimes even gain and still obtain the loss of a couple pant sizes.

I wish people would measure their body mass and not weight.

You will be fine :smile: don't get down on yourself now! You are doing great! Congratulations on your goals reached
    so far!:flowerforyou:
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    All of what they said. You could also try keeping your sodium at 1500 mg as well as watch for hidden sodium in pre-packed foods, don't eat fruit packed in syrups, eat low carb forming fruits like berries, honey dew & canteloupe, cut back on grains such as wheat, rice, corn & soy, maybe try fasting in intrevals for 8 hr's drink both's & herbal teas & have a good salad w/some kind of protein, no soda's or fruit juices, incorporate vegetarian & raw vegan meals within your weekly food consumption. If you eat out get your sauce on the side, have you foods prepared w/o salt or lightly seasoned. Good luck to ya!:flowerforyou:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    A week means nothing. Give it at LEAST a month and then re-examine if needed.
  • Itza85
    Itza85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What are you doing in terms of exercise? I'll suggest to eat protein, and drink tons of water. When I started, I was loosing a pound for the first 3 weeks, the following week I lost 2lbs and the following I lost 3lbs. I run everyday for an hr and do the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. Pretty much, the way it worked for me, is as soon as my metabolism started to kick in (because of protein I would say) weight started coming off. This is what worked for me, maybe it can work for you. But than again, I'm no expert.
  • 9JANE
    9JANE Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your protein level if you are working out you need more protein that is where this site helps you need to check your protein level every day and alsoyou need to eat more I KNOW it sounds crazybut you do need to eat about six times a day(small meals) and the right types of food..
  • Soontobethinlindsay
    Options
    Wow, all of these posts made me feel a lot better because I was bummed I didn't lose my pound this week! Sometimes I can feel defeated when I obsessively count calories and exercise only to see no budge in the needle on the scale, but we can't let ourselves get down, ya gotta stay positive. I not only feel the results physically, there is a mental change too! I sent ya a friend request, I am a good motivator :) and that goes for anyone else needing some support too!