NSV body fat percentage

Options
bubbaduts
bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
I have been on MFP for 2 1/2 years and have made amazing progress. But in June of last year while running a marathon I had a major knee injury and it stopped me from running. While healing I decided to try weight lifting. The day I ran the marathon I was my smallest weight of 175 I am 5'8 so i was feeling pretty good. Over the next 8 months I have gained back 19 YES I said 19 of these 77 pounds I lost.

But when I was 175 i have 39% body fat so the other day I decided to see what my body fat was 8 months later at 194 pounds and holy heck I have a body fat percentage of 25.2%!!!!!!! This explains why I havent needed to buy new clothes and why they have been feeling snugger in only certain areas. for the first almost 2 years of my journey i never touched a weight and now i am not afraid of the weight room or lifting heavy! And now that I am able to run again I will not be giving up the weight training and I am hoping these pounds will just melt off!!!!!

So ladies don't be afraid to lift HEAVY!

Replies

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    That is excellent. Keep up the great work.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Impressed!
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV! Love it! And congrats.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I've only been lifting again for 2 months, and the scale hasn't budged, but my percentage went from 37.8 to 33 percent. I will be cheering when it finally goes under 30 again. :smile:
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!
  • SherylH9680
    Options
    That's great! Kudos to you.
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've only been lifting again for 2 months, and the scale hasn't budged, but my percentage went from 37.8 to 33 percent. I will be cheering when it finally goes under 30 again. :smile:

It is a good feeling just that slight amount is a giant victory. And btw the weight is starting to melt off already!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!