Shirataki aka miracle noodles

Options
does anyboDy have any good recipes? i needa try something new with them and im stumped. HELP!

Replies

• jschmier
    jschmier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grilled some shrimp. in the meantime chop up garlic very fine (I like alot) and saute it in 2 tbs of olive oil. When fragrant, in a container of raw sliced mushrooms and cook them down. Then add 1 - 1 1/2 cups of white wine (whatever you like). Let it cook down a bit. Add in the noodles and cooked shrimp and a few teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce. The wine and the soy sauce really flavor the noodles.
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the crap outta those and forgot all about them!!! Thanks. Now the only way I cooked them was in some broth or Braggs Liquid amino s......& I used EVERY seasoning available as well as chopped up fresh veggies. Only ate them with chicken breast or lean steak & MUCH of the time poured hot sauce over them!!! So I can't wait to see what other ideas u get!!!
  • jecamacho07
    Options
    MMmm that sounds good
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome, must remember this!
  • jecamacho07
    Options
    what exactly are liqiod aminos? ive heard about them so much but never tried them
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It is an all natural sauce made from soy protein..... Natural soy sauce :) gluten fee too! Tastes great
  • sheilsun
    sheilsun Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi, I love Miracle Noodle shirataki noodles!! You are in for a treat with their fantastic cookbook! Here is the link: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/recipebook.pdf Great preparation ideas!! Enjoy:)
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Creamy Miracle Fettuccine Serves 2

Ingredients
    14 ounces Miracle Noodle - Fettuccini Shirataki Pasta
    1/2 cup Homemade - Vegetable Broth
    1 tablespoon Kerrygold - Reduced Fat Irish Butter
    1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (I use Penzy's Pizza Sprinkle)
    1/8 teaspoon Colman's - Dry Mustard Powder
    2 wedges Laughing Cow - Light Garlic and Herb Cheese Wedge
    1/4 cup Kraft - 2% Milk Natural Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (With Added Calcium)

Calories Per Serving: 116

Drain and rise the noodles well under cold water. Place in a microwave safe bowl (if you have a microwave safe colander place it inside so the water can drain) and cook on high for 3 minutes. Drain well and set aside.

In a medium sauce pan combine the vegetable broth, butter, Italian seasoning, and mustard powder over high heat. Bring to a simmer and add the noodles. Allow the broth to come to a full boil for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the liquid is reduced by 3/4 (you want just a very little broth remaining), about 8 minutes.

Add the cheese wedges and mix until thoroughly melted. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Serve immediately.

ETA - First cooking the noodles in the microwave and then boiling gives the noodles a softer, less bouncy texture. It is closer in mouth feel to traditional pasta. Also, I cut my noodles with scissors into smaller pieces for easier eating.
  • catz4ever45
    catz4ever45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love them i stir fry them w/whatever is in the fridge
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Asian Chicken Salad Serves 4

12 ounces Miracle Noodle - Angle Hair Shiritaki Noodles
    1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
    2 tablespoons Canola Oil
    1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
    1 tablespoon White Vinegar
    1/3 cup Splenda (or what you prefer)
    12 ounces Chicken Breast - Roasted No Skin, shredded
    3 cups Fresh Express - Tri Color Cole Slaw Mix

Calories Per Serving 180

Drain and rise the noodles well under cold water and cut with scissors into small pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl (if you have a microwave safe colander place it inside so the water can drain) and cook on high for 3 minutes. Drain well and set aside to cool.

In a large bowl combine the green onions, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and Splenda until well combined. Add the chicken breast and cole slaw and mix until well combined. Add the noodles and toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here eating some right now! Here's what I'm eating:

8 oz house shirataki
    garlic
    1/2 c. TJ marinara sauce
    1 tbs cream
    2 tbs sour cream
    2 tbs parmesan

If I would've stopped there it would only be 247 calories and 6 net carbs...I added 4 ounces of prime rib - it is my dinner after all! - which added another 200ish calories.

Liberal pepper...SO delicious! And I'm pretty full.

Check out Chelle's (MFP member) recipes. Great ideas! I'm going to try the breakfast one.

https://api.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/617235-323-calorie-bacon-and-egg-shirataki-breakfast-stir-fry?hl=shirataki+chelle
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here eating some right now! Here's what I'm eating:

8 oz house shirataki
    garlic
    1/2 c. TJ marinara sauce
    1 tbs cream
    2 tbs sour cream
    2 tbs parmesan

If I would've stopped there it would only be 247 calories and 6 net carbs...I added 4 ounces of prime rib - it is my dinner after all! - which added another 200ish calories.

Liberal pepper...SO delicious! And I'm pretty full.

Check out Chelle's (MFP member) recipes. Great ideas! I'm going to try the breakfast one.

https://api.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/617235-323-calorie-bacon-and-egg-shirataki-breakfast-stir-fry?hl=shirataki+chelle